Honda CRX Forum banner

Krix's HF'n Build and rebuild again!

133K views 396 replies 85 participants last post by  ZeusTwo 
#1 ·
I just got home and unloaded my new project. Im tired after driving all day long, and its dark out. I know the thread is worthless without pics...but you know whats worse?

A teaser pic :twisted:

See less See more
#5 ·
alright, I have some pics.

Quick run down on the car. 91 HF shell with alot of parts in it. The guy I bought it from was really cool. I drove almost 5hours each way from salem, va to virginia beach for it. I paid $250 for the shell and the parts that came with it.

The guy I bought it from was moving in a few months and had a 97-01 prelude he was working on. The car is going to be a monster. H22 turbo with 30+lbs boost is what he said he's going for. From what I saw there, I believe him.

First off, the parts that were in the car:

Misc bulbs, wheel studs etc..

97-01 prdlude wings west wing

Civic or CRX driver door glass and H22 balance shaft

Some type of harness

97-01 Prelude altizzles

Civic tailight?

Remains of an intake?

Civic half radiator

Box full of H22 engine parts, pistons etc...

97-01 fiberglass front bumper

Hyrdo tranny part i think

Misc parts, intake manifolds, starters...all kinds of stuff.

CRX dash, but its broke

97-01 prelude rim with a falken tire on it

H22 intake manifold

H22 head, with alot of it there

2 ecus

Now for the car pics!

Rear interior shot. That box is full of parts too

I'm pretty P'O'd about this!!

And the final pic....Its good for a laugh :lol:

#7 ·
Krix, wtf i must have been under a rock or somethin...

It looks like you've moved and own two more CR-X's since my visit.

Do you still have your blue CR-X?

I hope you plan on attending N13 this year!

And if so, why dont you meet up with us in Pa?

I'll personally help make sure you and yours make it this year!

#8 ·
Yeah I moved on Oct 1st. Bought my first house :D

Here is the thread showing my ATTEMPT at making N12 LINK

Here is the thread showing CRX VS. Chevy Silverado. *Spoiler Alert* I lost :cry: LINK

Here is my 88si I picked up earlier this month with the insurance check LINK

So I guess you have been under a rock :lol: but its cool :wink:

I will be attending N13 in my silver si

#9 ·
Everybody is getting an HF now lol...
And thats alot of parts...! :shock:
Is that a d16z6 intake in the box?

The shell looks really good...You got another steal.

#11 ·
The intake looks like whats on my 00 civic. I havent really looked at it yet.

I dont need all those prelude parts, but they came with the car and I can sell them to negate the cost of the car. Same goes for the H22 engine parts, although they are things I could probably use one day.

Tomorrow the work starts. From looking at it today, it appears that someone was attempting to put a complete obd-1 harness in. Complete as in, stuff inside the car too. There are obd-0 and obd-1 plugs all over the place.

#13 ·
i dont remember what kind of bumper it is. it might be a mugen knock off, but I know it didnt have any mugen badges on it. Its in decent shape, but has a few small cracks that would need to be fixed. I didnt look at it all that closely, its in my building now with the rest of the stuff

#14 ·
Im not feeling too good today but I toughed it out long enough to work on the car for a while.

Moved the car into my building. Not alot of room to work, but I can have heat when its cold now. Although it was very warm today. T-shirt and jeans till about 4pm then it started cooling off.

Most of the wiring in the car was screwed. Cut wires all over etc.. Ive just moved it to the back for now to get it out of the way.

Rear Bumper support is in really good shape. Just some minor surface rust. I sanded the front side off and shot some primer until I can get more por-15. Ill pull it off and sand the backside later.
Before

After

With the wiring out of the way for now, I started on removing sound deadening. Ive done it before on my 91 si, and it was easy. The was even easier. A hammer and a screwdriver/ prybar is all it takes. I got most of the big pieces with just the hammer, shattering it out.
Before

After

That all I got done before I gave in to the sickness today. I also had to move my blue crx out of the building and on to my back patio. It will be easier to pull parts from there, but I dont think the wife is too happy about it :lol:

#21 ·
Ive had the roof out for a few weeks but this is the first chance Ive had to snap a pic.

My original plan was to get a new panel from honda. I had it ordered, then I got a call that it was discontinued but the part number was never made inactive :evil:

Now Im waiting on a carbon fiber roof swap. Place in california is developing one, and it will probably end up on my car :D

#22 ·
Updates! I finally got off my lazy booya and did a little work :lol:

I drove 2.5 hours today to go do this to a crx

Just a FYI, a CRX roof will fit IN your crx too

On the way back found a Tastee Freez. Maybe I shouldnt have gotten the large :lol:

Friday night I started on paint removal. I cant find anyone to media blast the body for me so I started at it with aircraft stripper. I dont know what kind of paint it was but it took a good 20 minutes to start to peel. Then I had to scrape it off and spray it down again to get most of it off.

All the paint I peeled off on this side. I have bondo dust all over the place where Im removing the previously "shaved moldings"

Here is a good shot of my new roof.

And where its going

Also got my K mount welded in to boot. Need to do some grinding and do some touch up probably.

#23 ·
The donor car you got your roof off of, are the fenders still avaliable? If so, see if you can get me a price, and PM me please. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Nice project. I sure wish I had your dedication. I haven't been able to motivate myself to put on hte parts I have piled in my garage. dang I'm lazy! lol

#24 ·
they were still there. not sure if he will ship them or not though. it was really kinda out in the middle of nowhere. The lower sections of the fenders had been molded over with bondo ( i wish people would quit doing that :evil: ). I was thinking of snagging those too but I have enough bondo removal to deal with.

If your still interested anyway I can PM you the guys phone number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.