Honda CRX Forum banner

obd0 to obd1 conversion

4K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  snarflebits 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm trying to convert to obd1 from obd0 in my 89 Rex. I have the a6 block and z6 head. The distributor was put on where only 1 of the bolts is on so I plan on get in a new one. My question is what parts do I need to get. Reason I'm doing this is because I plan to supercharge very soon and have new injectors and want to tune obd1

#5 ·
#9 ·
#11 ·
1 x OBD0 to OBD1 ECU Conversion Harness
-Distributor Adapter: OBD0 to OBD1
-VTEC Subharness: Add VTEC & 4-wire O2 plugs!
- Engine Type: D16z6

1 x Chipped OBD1 ECU

1 x Distributor [TD-42] d16z6/d15b VTEC 1992-1995

just ordered these along with a walbro 255lph fuel pump now just needa install these and my jrsc and have it tuned! should be complete in the next week or two.

#12 ·
Yep, only first two links don't work..
yep also sub-harness makes everything simple, i've used rywire's complete obd0-obd1 swap.. had 0 down time with wiring on a 2000 b16a2 into a crx si..
Yes you will need a 4 wire o2.. get it for a 92-95 civic si or just reg civic..
Do you have a build thread? I would like to see the jrsc.. :)b

#18 ·
Since I'm doing the same swap with my B16a1, and boosting, I have a question.. I was told by one of the guys at rywire that I would need an injector adapter harness as well if I planned to run larger injectors than roughly stock. OP is doing DSM 450cc and I'm looking at 750cc. Do I need an adapter, and does the OP? I've asked a few friends who've done similar swaps and gotten different answers..

#20 ·
i was also told i need an injector adapter, the rep at rywire said i need to find out which vehicle my injectors came from, the we dsm 450cc from an 98 turbo ecplipse.

#24 ·
Interesting... So I thread-jacked by asking a relevant question which had a direct bearing on the OP's thread and build (which just so happens to correlate to my own build), but may have been overlooked since it wasn't mentioned anywhere in this thread or in his build thread.. Oh wait.., he has a black top injectors.. I wonder if he needs to do anything for those :|

Good luck on your swap and build HC, I'll be starting mine sometime soon too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.