Honda CRX Forum banner

What did you do to your crx today?

558K views 6K replies 658 participants last post by  Robb 
#1 ·
I am always interested in hearing about what people have been doing to there cars so I thought I would make this post. Everyone follow along with posting what you did to your crx.

To Start it off: nothing big

I put my valve cover back on after having it off the replace the spark plug gaskets.

#3,932 ·
Ahh that sucks, didn't even think to post it on here. I never had a problem with that motor, always started right up, never smoked (even with high mileage) or had smelly exhaust. It probably helps I changed the oil every 2500 miles though, that motor was clean.

#3,935 ·
I had pulled my wiper arms to paint them but then had to run to Ace to get different paint. My boy fell asleep on the way home and I took him inside to take a nap on the couch and ended up falling asleep myself. Guess I'll try and get that done today.

meanwhile, here's my copilot passed out on the way home:

#3,936 ·
I had pulled my wiper arms to paint them but then had to run to Ace to get different paint. My boy fell asleep on the way home and I took him inside to take a nap on the couch and ended up falling asleep myself. Guess I'll try and get that done today.

meanwhile, here's my copilot passed out on the way home:

#3,938 ·
April 4, 2013 - D16z6 P28 ECU Conversion
Fixed my ECU, converted it from auto to 5-speed manual

April 6, 2013 - 50% off Junkyard Deals
Hit up the junkyard in Lancaster, CA @ Ecology to help a good friend of mine; Ely, get a rack and pinion assembly for his EF9 hatchback. Reason for this. Drinking and driving isn't worth it!
Also caught eye on a Civic Wagon (auto) if anyone cares to get parts

Anyways, got that assembly for him and I went to snatch a few things to complete my build!
- Shift boot from '89 Civic Sedan LX
- Crossmember bolts
- Shifter lever assembly bolts
- VW Jetta front lip '94
Lip seems smaller than '95 and has minor crack at bottom right

- VW Jetta front lip '95
Lips seems slightly bigger than '94 and minor issue center not connecting flush anymore

So I cleaned + installed my crossmember.
Cleaned up that filthy shift boot.
Thoroughly cleaned VW lips for repair.

Then I fucked up my lower driver side plastic garnish molding piece. Lowering jack, sliding accident, onto jack stands. Must buy this now before painting my CRX Si.

Aside from that, all I'm missing now due to loss is a bitch pin (spring pin 8x20) + the clip that slips over it on the shift linkage and a cotter pin (lower ball joint nut holder)... Stopping by my local Honda dealership for these soon

#3,940 ·
Mmm... You could may be help me... Are these buckles ( or at least 1.... ) equiped with the seat belt warning system ??? ( wired seat belt buckle ). If yes, what's the part number of that buckle if you still have it from Honda???
( or sometimes, there's even a sticker with the part number on it on the buckle itself... )

Thanks,

Regis.

Austin_tacious said:
Went to the Honda dealership and got some shiny new seat belt buckles. :)b

They also gave me a 27 point inspection, so I can worry about everything I need to replace. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3,941 ·
Cleaned the engine bay thoroughly, it helps when the motor is out. 8) And installed my new(er) driver's side front fender. The old one had a really attractive dent right after the wheel but before the door, it looks soooo much better now.

#3,944 ·
Braffy said:
Both of those VW's are 95's, 10th vin digit is S for both of them. Usually cars here get marked as the new model year around October. My CRX is a 90, but was built in October 89.
haha well that's an obvious.

Car makers have been doing that for a long time now. Because of that it's always been an issue trying to find a legit early '69 or '70 Datsun 240z. So I definitely know about it..

I only stated year model with pictures and door jam sticker-vin info of both. So people know + see what model to get a VW front lip off of. People are blind and lost when hunting.

Confused though, as those two lips differ in size a tad bit. I'll be taking measurements to make sure about it

#3,949 ·
Remove the VAFC-II and relocated the oil pressure gauge to make room for a radio only to find out all the radio wiring was cut. Also replaced the weighted Skunk2 like shifter knob and reinstalled the OEM, much better!

#3,950 ·
Zackcal1899 said:
Wet sanded and buffed my 90-91 tails! Now to decide whether or not to put the sticker I got from Rommel on them or leave it shaved for a little while :lol:
Put the sticker on :club:

Mista Bone said:
Also replaced the weighted Skunk2 like shifter knob and reinstalled the OEM, much better!
Why didn't you like Skunk2 shift knob :shock:

#3,951 ·
Removed my '88 CRX Si door cards to fix minor dings to prep for my own paint job.

Driver side plastic crank lever had to be destroyed in the process. Whichever previous owner, before me, glued it on rather than using the spring clip + lost the round trimming that makes it flush on door card.

Also, my passenger speaker is falling apart. Yet another thing I'll have to purchase. It's a must.

On the positive side. Possibly might install my power windows, if I get everything planned out, before hand that is.
Long awaited task. Looking forward to this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.