Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Probably low 15s to high 14s with those huge rims on there, but without the power, altitude, gearing, driver's skill, and a million other variables, no one can guess accurately. Ask if he has any time slips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said it would run low 13's =/ but he said he has no dyno sheets or anything. Sorry for my ignorance...I come from camaros and mustangs but shouldnt that car stock run like a 16.5? So wouldnt that car run better than 15's with all those mods?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
My 89 Si ran a 15.9 stock on bald tires my first time at the track. The stock motor is 108 hp, a ZC runs around 135. I'm not really sure how much hp the jackson sc adds, but it all depends on the tune. Gearing can also play a big part. Run an HF tranny, and you will never break out of the 17s.

I don't know... my reply was kinda sarcastic... those wheels just look really heavy and hard for that little engine to turn. It could be a low 14 car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Low 14's is what I was thinking. He also said the car weighed 1700lbs with him in it.....thats like total bull**** with his wheels and full audio =/ o and the Jackson supercharger is said to add 40% horsepower

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
BlackCRXsi said:
Low 14's is what I was thinking. He also said the car weighed 1700lbs with him in it.....thats like total [bologne] with his wheels and full audio =/ o and the Jackson supercharger is said to add 40% horsepower
Like you said as for that 1700lbs remark I call Bullpoop.
..and with those HEAVY 17's I doubt that car is doing 13's
Now he is running a ZC which is a plus,but at that boost level I'm guessing he has 180 -190 max hp.Now even that is a generous estimate.
I'm guessing with that boosted setup maybe mid 14's at best.IMO of course.

·
Registered
473 Posts
BlackCRXsi said:
Most likely if I did get the car I would sell the 17's and put something lighter on...I think hed sell it to me for $5,000. Is it worth it?
I wouldn't pay $5,000 for that. If its completely rust free, everything actually is what he says it is, and the car has nothing at all wrong, maybe $4k. That's an iffy maybe. The ZC isn't an expensive engine, there may well be rust under rockers, the rear bumper, etc. It has lights on it I don't personally find favorable, and it could use some work (from my perspective) to get it to look good. I'd pay $5,000 for a GSR swapped CRX with everything done right. Not for a S/C ZC.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
$5,000 IMO for that particular car=no..

But it couldn't hurt to haggle..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.