Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see alot of talk about auto-x, just curoius to see if there are any of you guys out there that do the 1/4 mile

if so post up your setup and times

stock d16y8 (w/ arp head bolts)
kkk k26 turbo
stock external wastegate
DSM 450 blacktops
1sr Gen DSM BOV
custom shorty turbo manifold
custom front mount intercooler
eg half rad
58mm b series tb
techedge DIY 2E0 wideband
self tuned with crome

times listed in sig

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ive only had my Dx down to the track and it was sad of the times i was putting down. My best time was 17.78 at 74 mph. Keep in mine that my clutch is worn, and it was my first time dragging.

·
Registered
43 Posts
BlackCRX said:
i see alot of talk about auto-x, just curoius to see if there are any of you guys out there that do the 1/4 mile

if so post up your setup and times

stock d16y8 (w/ arp head bolts)
kkk k26 turbo
stock external wastegate
DSM 450 blacktops
1sr Gen DSM BOV
custom shorty turbo manifold
custom front mount intercooler
eg half rad
58mm b series tb
techedge DIY 2E0 wideband
self tuned with crome

times listed in sig
nice time.... i onli did 16.13 on my crx si. but that fast. looking forard to have turbo in mines too.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
the one time I went to a track, I ran 15.9s, stock Si, bald front tires, slipping clutch, and severly grinding tranny

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Finally got the bug out of my car after switch to obd1 and will go to the track in a week or 2 after last trip to the Tuner. With slicks last year my car they tell me did 13.6. (not me driving) This was prior to the obd1 conversion and head work.

89dx
B16a1 swap
CTR cams
CTR pistons
YS1 Tranny
Quaife LSD
Port and Polish springs and titanium retainers
62mm? Throttle body (mine was bored out)
DC header
AEM fuel rail
Skunk 2 intake
ACT clutch stage II?
Hondata S200 -still have not activated 3 stage launch control
"Baby" 13" slicks

Yet to install- ETD traction bars

I love this car. After I fixed the ecu/screwed up knock sensor that we couldnt shut off it has been running like a dream. Soooooo smooth. Have VTEC set at about 5500 now. Tuner (torquefreaks) says that a smooth transition to VTEC is faster. Need now one more 1/2 hour on the dyno and will be ready to roll. Took Trip to BC 6 meet recently and got 33 mpg!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ran my crx dx with turbo si engine(stock with 450cc + turbo edit, fmic, metel charge pipeing) in it at
Slipping stock clutch, only made 10psi in first and second then only 5psi in 3rd and 4th

best run was a 13.56 @99mph

changed turbos and blew the moter at 20+ psi(forgot to hook up the wastegate line)
just finishing my fully built DOHC ZC with lsd tranny tunning for 25 to 30 psi looking for low 11's

·
Registered
1 Posts
i ran my crx at PIR in portland and did a 12.72 with M/T thin slicks with a 1.8 60 foot on 8psi no creep, untuned LOL.
stock ls
93 gsr tranny
Garrett 60 trim t3/t4
tunertoys log manifold
knockoff greddy BOV
DSM 450's
28x8x2.5 intercooler

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
^^? Thats odd...I pulled a 10.2 with my d16a6. Only thing it had at the time was a fresh tune up, and WAI. This was at the Elk Creek dragway, 1/8th of course.

I dont know where the slip is right now though. But would you belive me if I bought ya a beer? lol.... :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Ah ok, I had some wheel hop but not bad.

What tracks did you go to?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
natural bridge, Ive wanted to get to shelor but the car hasnt been up to a race this year after all my transmission problems. Im getting it out there to see what the H will do after I get a new crx and the motor swapped over.

·
Registered
566 Posts
old motor:
stock US GSR
skunk2 mani
went 14.2's on street tires @98mph

new motor
built GSR motor all motor still 1.8l (GSR stroke)
s2s2 cams
portflow VT and headwork
11.5-11.8:1 compression
SMSP header
215 hp

[email protected] on street tires w/ 2.1 60'

mph says ill go faster but im not too worried about it, i didnt build it for drag anyway :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.