Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale original 85 CRX Si for project restoration or for parting out - strong engine low miles, superb transmission, excellent mechanicals all around

details:
------

I had picked up an 85 CRX Si (1st generation) with many many original features - from memory the motor has 120k original miles and the transmission shifts like a dream, however the head gasket is leaking a little and so I basically have had it parked for over 10 years --> garaged most of that time. I never really dug into the project, it just stayed as is.

The car was has been in california since maybe mid 90's (I had a carfax on it at one point) and so before that it had the joy of driving around on the east coast. The salt damage is really not so bad but maybe not for everybody. I was thinking this car might have the most value in helping to restore another one but is definitely restorable.

I purchased it around 10 years ago for $1,500. I hope it has gone up in value, not down, as this is a rare care. However it did take a small hit on the driver side door from my 90 year old neighbor. Nothing too extreme, she backed into it slowly while coming out of the driveway. But another reason to maybe use this car for parts. Seats are in good shape interior is dusty but quite fine.

Car is in southern California (Riverside area). I really don't want to pull it out of storage unless there is serious interest as I am very busy with other things. I should have a few pictures that I can add to this. Car is blue but looks like almost a spray-paint paint job so don't hold your breath. If this is the car you are looking for as a project or for parts, I think you know exactly what this is and what the potential is. Car mechanically honestly hummed like a dream while running - was superb and shouldn't be so hard to bring that part back to how it was not so long ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey recently acquired a 1986 CRX Si. Looking for various parts to get it to 100%. Ideally i would have found an '85...

do you have the rear speaker option. The grills for the strut tower covers and most importantly the mounting brackets?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts