Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I just installed a new Webber carb to get my 1987 CRX running and it’s running way too rich. We hooked up the vacuum advance and blocked off the emissions stuff. And after reading the instructions we screwed the idle mixture screw all the way in to make it run leaner but it still runs really rich. It also doesn’t run unless the timing is fully retarded. Can someone help us???
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle Automotive air manifold

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Bumper Rim

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I would check the fuel pressure and if that is ok then consider rejetting if possible. I don't have a carburated CRX and I know the fuel pressure on them is much lower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check the fuel pressure and if that is ok then consider rejetting if possible. I don't have a carburated CRX and I know the fuel pressure on them is much lower.
I checked fuel pressure and it was about 4-5 psi so I put a regular on it to bring it down to about 2.5 like Weber says. It still runs rich enough to shoot gas out of the exhaust which you can then light on fire so I’m gonna test ignition again and do a compression test to see if I can find anything else

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I checked fuel pressure and it was about 4-5 psi so I put a regular on it to bring it down to about 2.5 like Weber says. It still runs rich enough to shoot gas out of the exhaust which you can then light on fire so I’m gonna test ignition again and do a compression test to see if I can find anything else
If you are spitting out fuel, I would change the oil before you do much more since it is likely diluted with gas at this point. Good luck, and would like to know what you find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts