Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, new to the forum, just purchased a 1988 CRX Si. It’s a duplicate of my wife’s first new car after college. Going through the car top to bottom checking major mechanicals, I’ve come across a problem with the seat back adjustment on the driver side. The seat back on the driver side reclines further than the passenger side which also means that it will not adjust to an as upright position as the passenger seat. Hopefully the pictures will show the issue that I’m asking about. I’ve taken a look at the mechanism and have a decent understanding of how it works, I’m just not quite sure how the two seats could have gotten out of “sync” and how I would make the driver seat come back into the same adjustment range as the passenger seat. I bought the car from the original owner and has 97,000 what appears to be well-maintained miles. Thanks in advance.
Plant Car Window Automotive mirror Vehicle
Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
212 Posts
My guess, and I could be wrong, is that the seat is actually bent. The metal supports on the upper portion are weak by modern standards, and with some pressure can bend backwards. This would shift the neutral point back and match your description.

It would be hard to tell unless you pull both seats and compare side by side. Fortunately, removing the seats is a very simple task and might be your best bet.

·
Registered
20,141 Posts
My guess, and I could be wrong, is that the seat is actually bent. The metal supports on the upper portion are weak by modern standards, and with some pressure can bend backwards. This would shift the neutral point back and match your description.
This I can see being more likely, I've never seen or even heard of a seat getting "out of sync".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It would be hard to tell unless you pull both seats and compare side by side. Fortunately, removing the seats is a very simple task

It would be hard to tell unless you pull both seats and compare side by side. Fortunately, removing the seats is a very s
The brute force approach actually worked! Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts