Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arite well...my suspension has a problem in the front of my car...when ever i go 50+mph and i slow down the steering wheel shakes left and right loosley...and i hear a knocking of metal in the suspension...this also happens at 40-50mph also but the sound is not as loud and some times when i turn slowly (with the wheel turn all the way) istart to hear a knocking sound also... dont wanna bring to a shop if i can fix it myself...i have a friend who can do it..but he is out of town for a month....

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Check all your bushings, especially the rack end bushing. If your car is old (chances are it is) then you may as well just replace all the bushings.
You might also want to look for warped rotors, but the metal-on-metal noise makes me think bushings.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can u show me a pic of where the bushings are cuz yea... im not really knowledgable about the suspension or tell me where they each are located

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Pproblems like thes are the second worst thing to fix on a car. Electrical gremlins being first.

There are tons of things that can cause this.
Bad bushings, bad ball joints, bad tie-rods, bad brakes...
You will need to inspect each of those things for play. Anything over a couple of millimeters is bad bews. Jack the car up, put it on REALLY solod stands, and pull on the suspension and steering components. See if you feel anything odd.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You may just want to play it safe and take it into a shop - just to find out what is wrong.

After THEY diagnose it, come back here and we can tell you how to fix it.

And don't take it anywhere over 30MPH. If you have a tie rod going, the result is one front tire going one way, the other another!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much would they charge for a diagnosis? or nvm...im gonnna bring it in to my family friend hes the family mechanic for us..ill ask him whats up..then might just let him fix it..if he doesnt charge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.