Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.importparts.com/shop/product ... ts_id=4918

Hey car enthusiastes. i was wondering, would a SR20DET fit inside of an engine bay of a crx. I've always wondered. this engines are pretty awesome. More bang for your buck. please let me know. if some of you out there know anything about swapping give me some details on how it could happen.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
The short answer is No, you can't swap that in your CRX.

The longer answer is Only if you're feeling really adventurous and can spend big money with lots of downtime, and you don't mind doing everything custom, plus your welding skills are teh tyteness. :lol:

There are two ways you could go about doing it. One, buy a FWD SR20 swap (from a JDM Nissan Bluebird, Avenir, or Pulsar GTi-R) and fabricate your own mounts, axles, wiring, etc. Two, buy a Silvia swap (like in your link) and make your CRX RWD, and re-engineer everything.

With the time and money you'd spend, you might as well get a K20.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Need i say that that is just wrong! A Nissan powered Honda?
Though i have seen it done before.

More bang for your buck?
How do you figure with all the wiring, mounting and fab work you would need to do to get it to fit and RUN correctly. You want a nimble FWD car to put the SR20DET into and get some bang for your buck, pick up a B13 aka 91-95 Sentra SE-R.

Which BTW, if i wasn't into Hondas, i would def consider looking for one of those decent little 91-95 SE-R's.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i myself am a Honda lover.

Its hard to find an engine with high torque and equal Hp for the right price. I thought it would make a sweet hybrid car, and very fast also. I also was looking at the 26... the twin turbo. now that would be a sight to see.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
think about the power the crx would have.

I mean its a hell of a project, but if your a backyard mechanic and you get the FWD conversion, this car is going to fly.!!!

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
A while back there was a guy on HT who swapped a 4g63 into a CRX, just because he had it lying around. It's a LOT of work to get something else in there, but of course it can be done. If you want some serious power from a swap, I'm sure you could get an H22 in there for a lot less than an SR20. The SR20, IMO, is a slightly overpriced/overrated motor, it's like the B16 of the Nissan scene.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.