Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and after browsing around for a few months, I decided to join and share my joy of crx-hood... I'm mark, 25 and live in nebraska (damn snow).

I bought this 1991 CRX si from some guy in north dakota ... shortly after purchase it got broken into... well the driver side window got busted out, they popped the hood (door was still locked). I think they were looking for perf parts but the car is all stock. So shattered window, and shattered driver side sash (on order from majestichonda).

I plan on doing all or most of the work myself... so I'll end up buying a ton of tools in the process but I have about a year and a half as my target for completion... it wont be a show car, but it will be a quality car. No rice, just nice.

What I have done so far:

  • 1. Removed Aluminum Wing on Hatch
    2. Removed Mirror Tint on windows (illegal here)
    3. Removed Seat, and most interior trim pieces
    4. Removed Stock Mirrors

What I still need to do:

  • 1. Remove rest of interior trim pieces
    2. Remove stock black carpet
    3. Dry ice the fat out of the floor pans (tar)
    4. Sand and refinish interior metal in dark gray
    5. Sand, Primer, and Paint interior pieces, dark gray and silver
    6. Replace painted (wtf were they thinking) molding on moon roof, driver side, and hatch.
    7. REPAINT ENTIRE CAR (gun metal gray)
    8. lots more... this is just a w.i.p.

Now the eye candy (sort of)












Parts needed:

  • 1. Passenger side interior mirror trim (triangle piece) for manual adjust mirror
    2. Driver side window

If you have any of these parts, please PM me and let me know what you want for them... I'll pay shipping etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfrolang said:
To be honest, with paint like that I'm not surprised it was targeted. Get it more subdued and you'll be happy. :)

Besides that, I don't have much to add. It seems like you know what you want and how to get there. Good luck!
Haha, yah my friends and I call it the skittle... I wasn't fond of the color but got a great price for it... i'm going for gun metal grey... or possibly black. I want it to look clean on the outside, and custom on the inside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coz said:
Wow, that used to be a nice black car. They even painted over some of your trim. You'll need to replace those. Good luck with your project.
yeah I was highly dissappointed when i saw the door jams... the hatch was replaced though, inside under the mid brakelight cover it's all red. i've got my hands full.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Yeah that color is a very bright color :D Doesn't look bad at all though, good luck on the build, there is a ton of great info on this site, so if you ever have any problems, someone on here, will have the answer for ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Although it's brite, I like it lol. Once you dericefy the exterior (lose the wing, repaint the trim black) it would look like a very nice green CRX in my honest opinion. YA it's flashy, but it's rust free :p .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
ludesrv said:
Although it's brite, I like it lol. Once you dericefy the exterior (lose the wing, repaint the trim black) it would look like a very nice green CRX in my honest opinion. YA it's flashy, but it's rust free :p .
I kinda thought the same thing, without the wing, the color is kinda nice, I probably would not sport it on a dd, but like a track car, I would rock that color for some reason :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ludesrv said:
Although it's brite, I like it lol. Once you dericefy the exterior (lose the wing, repaint the trim black) it would look like a very nice green CRX in my honest opinion. YA it's flashy, but it's rust free :p .
no offense... but that green is an attention getter... seeing as i've already gotten broken into once... within 5 months of owning the car... i might need to tone it down a notch haha...

black or gunmetal gray is where it's going. haven't decided yet. leaning very far towards gun metal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,843 Posts
I'm not bothered at all by that paint job, but the gunmetal will look much more subtle.

If you keep it the way it is, maybe Pepsi will send you some more Mt. Dew :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,426 Posts
statichavoc said:
Haha, yah my friends and I call it the skittle... I wasn't fond of the color but got a great price for it...
Reminds me of my first CRX! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ ... rty040.jpg
My friends named it Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz. :lol: I was sucked into it for the same reason...cheap and needed a car at the time.

Looks like a good start for a project man. Metallic Gray is the ****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its me DUB said:
statichavoc said:
Haha, yah my friends and I call it the skittle... I wasn't fond of the color but got a great price for it...
Reminds me of my first CRX! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ ... rty040.jpg
My friends named it Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz. :lol: I was sucked into it for the same reason...cheap and needed a car at the time.

Looks like a good start for a project man. Metallic Gray is the [crud].
Pretty damn similar in color... i think that one was a bit lighter... but very very close. There's no rust on mine, i'm pretty happy about that... and surprisingly the car has less than 100k on it (garage kept, and was a hobby for the old guy i bought it from).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,426 Posts
statichavoc said:
Pretty damn similar in color... i think that one was a bit lighter... but very very close. There's no rust on mine, i'm pretty happy about that... and surprisingly the car has less than 100k on it (garage kept, and was a hobby for the old guy i bought it from).
Sounds 10x better than what I started with. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its me DUB said:
statichavoc said:
Pretty damn similar in color... i think that one was a bit lighter... but very very close. There's no rust on mine, i'm pretty happy about that... and surprisingly the car has less than 100k on it (garage kept, and was a hobby for the old guy i bought it from).
Sounds 10x better than what I started with. :wink:
Correction, there was some rust on the floor pan, only spots on driver and passenger side... looks like surface crap to me... wire brush comes out tomorrow !
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top