Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEFORE:

So now that I have my 2g on the road, my 1g is going into the shop from 2 accidents I was in, where 2 guys hit me!

My first accident was in august where I was going to the auto auction with my friend to look for a car, I was pulling onto the highway when there was a van coming along the highway into the lane I was going to pull into! I stopped, and cam to a complete stop and and old guy in his wifes cavallier rear ended my car! on this one there is about $800 worth of damage... although it doesnt look like it, but thats what it was estimated at. He ended up braking the connection on my rear bumper, so the passenger side kinda just hangs there... my friend and I eneded up having minor whip lash and I was off work for 2 days, and then went on light duty for about a week! Upon impact, my deck flew out of the holder... ICBC sucks tho and didnt give us anything for it, other than paying for my massage therapy, and my friends chiropractor appointments!.... here's some pics....

The second accident I had was in January on icy roads... not that it mattered tho, I was pulling onto the street where I work, just driving when a guy in a dirty old van wasnt watching and pulled right out in front of me and hit me from the front drivers side! I was pissed and started getting mad and yelling.... then he told me he works in the same building as me! I felt like a turd, but I was pissed off! this accident has about $900 damage. he came into my work about a week ago asn asked, "You get your car fixed yet?" and I replied with, "Why? Did your insurance go up?"... anyways... he ended up scratching the front of my bumped and cracking my side lens..... which I just happened to buy a month earlier, ordering it from idaho as there are none in my area!.... w/e tho, now the "Ford" company gets to find one for me when they fix my car (Our Honda dealership doesnt deal with ICBC collisions)!.... Anyways... They're getting both my accidents dealt with on Monday, so I should have the car back by next friday... here is the damage of the second accident.....

So here are the pics before! When ford is done doing their amazing work on my car Ill post pics of the after stuff! I cannot wait to get my car back!
... I really just wrote all this cuz I was bored and had nothing else to do! but feel free to post your accident experiences up in here!!! I wanna hear em!

AFTER:
Alright... so after almost 2 weeks of her in the shop, here is what they came out with....

Not too shabby, other then the fact I had to wait three extra days to put the front bumper back on properly....Im just glad to have her back! I've been First Gen Deprived for Too Long!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was rear ended awhile back in my 1g, bent my bumper support also pretty hard hit, (although I didn't fake an injury to get 2 days off work :lol: ) But they tried to get me "after-market replacements" But I argued with her insurance about how MINT my car was and made them pay for OEM HONDA replacements(bumper cover and bumper support).. total cost with paint $1345 .

Soon I will get my car appraised privately, as insurance lists values my car at $2500 currently.so If I get hit I'm screwed I will only get $2500 for my car.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
etmydst said:
Soon I will get my car appraised privately, as insurance lists values my car at $2500 currently.so If I get hit I'm screwed I will only get $2500 for my car.
That sucks! I keep my receipts for EVERYTHING (minus gas receipts)... Just in case anything were to happen with the insurance comapny!

·
Registered
38 Posts
danielleb said:
etmydst said:
That sucks! I keep my receipts for EVERYTHING (minus gas receipts)... Just in case anything were to happen with the insurance comapny!
I don't know how insurance works in Canada, But my insurance in California just lists the value of the car only. Any aftermarket parts installed have to be insured under a separate policy.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I went to pick My Car Up Today, Cuz Ford called and said it was ready! I walked into the shop, the lady handed me the papers and was like "I need you to sign here... and here".... and I was like :? <-(Just like that) and asked "Well can I look at the car first?" and she said to go ahead, it was in the shop! I go look at it, it looks awesome... they did a great job, but when I brought it in there the back bumper wasnt mounted properly, so I checked to see if they put it back on properly, jerked on it a bit, and it was awesome.... I do do the same with the front bumper.... IT FALLS OFF!!!! the guy tried to tell me that its just not "Snapped On" Properly... I was like :? <- (Again) and tols him that there are bolts that go underneath, and he tried to explain to me that the CRX's before 88 were snap on bumpers!.... I opened the hood, and showed him that bolts actually do go in there! and he said that they were going to keep it another day and see if they can fix that! I was so pissed off... If I would have signed the papers and drove the thing home, The bumper would have come off! And the fact that they wanted me to sign without even looking at the car first! :twisted: .... Im Not impressed! Damn Ford!!!!! And To Top it all off, The chick at the desk gave me a dirty look because I was mad because they were going to let me drive home with that car like it was!... Like I inconvienienced her or something :rolleyes1:
Now I have to take time out of my day tomorrow as I did today to go there and argue with them some more... but I guess they dont really care as they arent getting money out of me for it, as they're getting it from ICBC for it! And The fact he tried to tell me something that isnt true! I'll never go back there again!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Its me DUB said:
and call the lady up front the dreaded 'c' word.
I think that might be a tad much.

And people ask me why i never bring a car to the dealer. But the bigger problem is the FORD part. The name alone should make you stay away. Aleast you have the exuse of being from Canada. Us Americains all know that Ford is going down the drain and have been for years.

When you go back tomorrow, tell them there is a screach on the bumber and you want the car repainted

Good luck tomorrow. hope nothing falls off this time.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Holy baloney. I would of taken the bumper and smacked the guy across the face with it.

Level 1 monogram model kits snap together, automobiles don't! WTC...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Dont keep us waiting, we want to see picks. Hope you picked it up today.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dodo said:
Dont keep us waiting, we want to see picks. Hope you picked it up today.
No :(..... They didnt call me at all today, and when I tried to call there it was busy! Who knows... Ill go down there tomorrow and see whats up with it... and see if they finally managed to "Snap" My bumper back on!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.