Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I just bought a pair of 1gens for $850! One is an 85Si, and the other is an 87DX. The DX has a perfect body but unfourtunately the timing belt broke and the motor does not run. The Si's body is beat to hell, but runs like a champ.

Thinking it would just be a lot cheaper (not easier) to swap the FI setup into the DX... Any thoughts or tips? Will I have to swap the fuel tanks?

And one more thing...the Si's speedo goes to 140mph...did I get a guage cluster from another car? Can someone snap a pic of a 1gen clustrer?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Nice find! I used to have an 86 DX, but it was long before I got into technical/mechanical stuff with cars. I wish I could offer you some solid advice about the swap that you are planning. I imagine there's going to be a lot of wiring differences between the two, so take your time and label things carefully. I look forward to seeing some pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go here http://www.Redpepperracing.com

I've used it for years and can't say enough good things about it.

This site is invaluable to anyone with a 1g CRX/3g Civic. Do a search and you'll find all you need on FI swaps, ZC swaps, D16a1 swaps, B16 swaps, etc. Mak

PS, enjoy the Si, I have it's faternal twin that I drive daily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts