Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some of these for free from a buddy of mine along with a dsm side mount intercooler. im ponderin if i wanna put them on though im not big on dsm well let me just say i HATE DSM's but some of the people that drive them r cool. well any ways im almost possitive they will work but any suggestions would be appreciated. thanx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i just realized that they were bigger injectors so i would have to tune my ecu to have them run right so im probly just going to sit on them until i do my obd1 conversion so i can run hondata ....so this post was basically pointless but anyways ya....

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Your car doesn't seem to need extra fuel (no turbo or N2O, right?), so I wouldn't put them in... you really wouldn't see a gain.

I don't think they would need the ECU to be reprogrammed.. they injectors would just run at a much lower capacity than they are capable of.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
if you put in 450ccs w/o ecu modification you will run 2x the fuel. injectors are run on a pulse, if you run the smae pulse on an injector with 2x the flow you get 2x the fuel.

over simplification, but close enough.

[email protected]

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Funbelly said:
ya i just realized that they were bigger injectors so i would have to tune my ecu to have them run right so im probly just going to sit on them until i do my obd1 conversion so i can run hondata ....so this post was basically pointless but anyways ya....
You can run turboedit with ODB0. Thats what I use.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
d16z6rex said:
if you put in 450ccs w/o ecu modification you will run 2x the fuel. injectors are run on a pulse, if you run the smae pulse on an injector with 2x the flow you get 2x the fuel.

over simplification, but close enough.

[email protected]
ahh, I just thought they would run at a lower duty cycle

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
If you tried to run your car on a stock ecu with 450cc injectors installed you would foul the plugs REAL FAST!
Dont do it.
The stock program for the A6 runs 240 injectors and is designed for that.
Unless you run a chipped ecu it wont run long.

Also like rex said on a stock engine the extra fuel will be wasted.
Just set them aside and use them after you go boost or nitrous,AND get a proper management program.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts