Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** UPDATE 10-17-06 **

Here it is! The 2006 Florida CRX Meet!

Once again we will be collecting donations and new toys for the children of Central Florida through the XL106.7 Baby DJ Fund! So come help a great cause!
Registration is only $7 + one new toy for a child
Just FYI, I've added Drag Race night for you speed junkies out there. If this gets a decent response, then we may add this next year as well.
So here is what we have for sure:

Friday, November 17th: 6:00 pm - 10:30pm Orlando Speedworld. race your CRX for only $15! Who has the fastest CRX???
Saturday, November 18th: 10:00 am - 4:00pm The Mercado on International Drive (The CRX Meet and the famous prize raffle!)
Saturday, November 18th: An evening activity is in the works
Sunday. November 19th: 11:00 am - 3:00pm Go-Karting at Magical Midway on International Drive
Sunday, November 19th: 5:00pm Wrap-up Party at Race Rock

Due to insurance, location and time issues, there will not be an autocross this year, but we will hopefully have it back next year!
I am still looking for event sponsors and event staff so please contact me!
Regardless, let's come on out and have a great weekend of fun!
See you all there!

Ken...

Hello everyone! I am sorry about the delay, but better late than never!
There will be a 6th Annual Florida CRX Meet this year, so just hang in there a little longer and I will have details up for you as soon as possible!
Thanks for your patience and support!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I'm sorry guys, we really are working on this. Ken should know more, and have a few things (mainly the date) finalized this week. There may be an interference with Old Town and our desired date of the 29th... it may be pushed back a week.

This page, as well as www.flcrxmeet.com will be updated the MOMENT we have realistic info. 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello everyone! :D
Don't give up hope all you rexers! Due to Old Town's new found success (cough cough) they can not accomodate us this year - HOWEVER I have already found a great venue (minus the carnival rides -sorry) that will still offer a cool atmosphere with plenty of shops, places to eat and a large movie plex and easy to find (Right off of I-4)!
Also, I am working on the autocross portion of the meet. I am waiting to hear back from the powers that be about the autocross.

When this all goes down, more than likely we are looking at the second week in November (November 11 & 12). The Meet would be on Saturday the 11th, and the autocross on Sunday the 12th.
THESE ARE NOT SECURED DATES YET!!!! But that is what I'm shooting for.

Ok, this is where YOU come in. Since we are flip flopping days for the Meet and autocross, that will give us some extra time in the evening on Saturday to have some fun.
So, tell me what do YOU want to do? Ok, before you post or email any smart alec answers, think family/group friendly. Sorry, no strip clubs this time guys! :wink:

Also, once the dates are set, I will need some people to help get the word out since we are on such short notice this year. I will have flyers in a jpg format that I can email you, and if you have access to a copier, maybe run off a few and post them where appropriate (No, please don't plaster the FORD dealership with them!)

Thanks again everyone for your support! :D

Ken...

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
For coasters, Islands of Adventure would be better than Universal... since Universal is mostly simulator rides. Its still lots of fun, but not a 'coaster' ;)

Another place, is called "The Fun Spot"... i've been here several times, and it REALLY is a lot of fun... check it out here: http://www.fun-spot.com/

This meet will be a lot of fun even without Old Town... although maybe there is hope to be back there for next year... we'll see. The location that Ken has scouted out this year is looking really good... its probably the very next best thing to the Old Town location, so it should be REALLY great 8)

·
Registered
28 Posts
So Far, it looks like I can be there too. Composimo, I stopped by your shop a couple of months ago when in Orlando on business. Missed you, but saw where the meet was, at least in part, previously at the little Indy track near your place.

I look forward to meeting you and others in November.
Bruce in Columbus, GA.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Aw, man, did you call? I hate missing people visiting from out of town :(

Well, at least it looks like you'll be able to make the meet :) The little kart track by my shop is NOTHING like this Fun-Spot place though.... i'm sure Ken will agree.. lol. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Jfro: Yea, and the tracks are really fun to drive to... Last time i was there with a custom truck group i'm part of also, we had a HELL of a time.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.