Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Want everyones opinion.I have Had My CRX not to long now. and i already had a cash offer oon it. 2500 dollars. with all the dents and rust, 194000 and everything. considering i only paid 1200 for it (1300 Dollars Profit).....This is the best car i have ever had.what would yall do.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I would keep the car if you like it. Especially since you're having enough second thoughts to ask for opinions about it. If you weren't attached to the car you wouldn't think twice about selling for double what you paid. :wink:

I've had my CRX for about 5 years, I can't count how many people have asked if I wanted to sell, and a couple have made unsolicited offers ranging up to $4000. I always just shrug them off and say it's not for sale.

It can work out for you though, if you know of another CRX for sale near you in the $2500 range that's in better condition.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Personaly, if you dont need the money,dont sell it. I was offered 3200$ for mine a while ago by an import enthusiast who had been looking for one for over a year. (there hard to come by in Colorado). i turned him down even though i would have made almost 2K with it. And not i'm soooooo glad i turned him down. But hey, if you could sell it, and then find a reeeeealy nice CRX in your area, go for it. But the love between man and CRX is unseperable.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
i'd say don't, you'll miss the crx. at least keep the rex for a few years.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
If you can make that kinda profit and your car isnt that clean I'd say sell her.
hey you can always buy a cleaner rex. :wink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
its funny right after I paited my crx.. I pulled into a gas station and some guy offered me 800 bucks.. I laughed at him and told him I just spent 2k on the paint and body.. he turns around and offers me 3500.. I turned him down.. First off they are harder to come by these days, and second my dad bought this car in 1990 for 7 grand.. too special for me to sell.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
just do what i always do. when people ask if i want to sell, tell them sure...but do you want to pay for it? I always told people if they wanted it, it would take $6500-7k for me to part with it. Of course they laugh, but to me its worth it.

Now if someone actually forked out the cash one day i think i would :faint: :cry: then buy tom's si and :party:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone offered to buy my Rex...then I could buy another one :p

Problem is I couldn't sell mine for $2500 and make a profit...but if someone offered me more than I had in it and it still needed a lot of work....Goodbye.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I had a CB7 accord (I know it's not a crx) and absolutely loved it. I ended up selling it and still regret it to this day. You need to be 100% sure that you want to sell it before you actually do, otherwise you'll regret it. I'm keeping my rex till the day I die... I'm not about to make the same mistake twice.

But I guess if you can make money and get a better CRX, that's your prerogative. Just don't do something you'll end up regretting. my $.02

·
Registered
603 Posts
ollie said:
If you can make that kinda profit and your car isnt that clean I'd say sell her.
hey you can always buy a cleaner rex. :wink:
Exactly what I think.
Especially living in Florida. With $2500 in your pocket, you could find a decent condition project with no rust.
I say SELL SELL SELL!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.