Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My husband's thinking about getting a new car this year (no worries, my Rex isn't going anywhere!). He'd be replacing an Infiniti I30. Thing is, we like to go rockhounding sometimes, on dirt roads. (And none of the rental car companies rent out 4WDs around here!)

He asked me if I thought he should get a Jeep, but somehow I just can't see him in one. His past few cars have been more along the lines of "old-man-luxury-cars". :lol:

Constraints: good on dirt roads, somewhat high-clearance, 4WD(?), must have a nav system and a CD changer, and I really, really can't see getting a car that gets less than 25MPG.

No such beast? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
A toyota for sure. They are great on and off road vehicles. I love the 4runners. I would imagine you can get them with a nav system since almost every other car has one optional now.

·
Registered
247 Posts
get a subaru station wagon. or an AUDI A6 wagon :) those look so cool. you can fit lots of fun stuff in a wagon.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Audi A4 Avant Quattro. You can get it with the 1.8t with a six speed manual I think.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife and I just bought a mint 2000 Lexus RX300 for a STEAL of a price! Very smooth ride and plenty of ground clearance for the Urban Jungle and best of all it looks VERY money, BUT didn't cost as much as most people think!
Besides my beloved CR-X, I also have an 88 Civic 4-door, but I'm about to sell that for a 95-97 Accord 4 door.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys. We'll check out the Subarus. I looked at their website, and thought the Baja truck was very appealing, but it doesn't come with a navigation system, and my husband just loves his nav. The Outback might be a good choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts