Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know our european members are wishing for $3 gas, but it is a major milestone for us spoiled Americans.

Does it make an impact in my life or change my lifestyle? Not at this point. The Daily Driver does better (but not a lot better) than 20 mpg and I "only" drive a couple hundred miles per week.

I have promised myself to wait for the four door Si before I buy another new car, but the Fit may get close attention.

$5 per gallon gas in the US is not too far away. One way or another we will be there soon.

Scott

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm actually moving closer to work to avoid higher gas prices. Unfortunately the area where my store is located is very expensive. So any money I would save on gas is spent on a higher house payment. But I would rather spend the money on a nicer home then to give any more money to the oil companies.

It is going to be nice to be able to ride my bike to work for a change.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
SETI20 said:
odd...prices have dropped a bit here lately.

It's only $7.55 right now. Was close to 8 bucks a week or so ago.
You pay $2.42 a gallon?...pfft I pay that here for crappy 87 octane. :roll:

I dont see the general public sitting back and paying $5 USD a gal and not revolting!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
ollie said:
SETI20 said:

I dont see the general public sitting back and paying $5 USD a gal and not revolting!
No, I pay 7.50 a gallon.
98 octane is just over 8 bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Ahh that changes things a bit.I thought you were talking PPL(price per Liter).
HOLY ^&%$##W!!!!!!!!!!!
Why havent european people freaked out yet?!

·
Registered
319 Posts
ollie said:
SETI20 said:

Oh...I'm sure those protestors are getting their signs together now...it'll be like the Million Man March...except this one goes across boundaries.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I drive about at least 70 miles a day, and a lot of that is in stop-go traffic. So if you figure I get 30 MPG, then I'm paying close to $7 a day to drive to work and back. Not too bad overall. I'm not complaining too much. But our SUV...different story. It costs over $50 to fill it up. Luckily we don't drive it nearly as much as the rex.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
crxgator said:
if you want good gas mileage and a four door civic get the dx,lx,ex because it is better than the fit...
I drove a Fit today. 5 speed S version. Very nicely done. Get 38 highway 33 city. My complaints are the following:
1) Not the tightest car on the road. Guess the wind makes it move a bit
2) A bit too noisy at 75 mph. Wind noise. We live in the Boonies and my wife commutes to Portland, Oregon at fairly high speed.
3) Gets pretty peppy at 5000 rpm but then redline is at 6500. javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad
Hard to tell how the vtec engages. I think its progressive.
4) After a hard acceleration, the rpms kind of hang. I suppose its emissions crap. I don't have any on my crx. No inspection where we live near Mt. St. Helens, Washington.
5) 3500 rpms at 70 mph. Well its less than my b16 with the YS1 tranny but I red line at closer to 9500!

·
Registered
319 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
I drive 5 miles exactly to work. I fill up once every six weeks or so. I'd like gas to hit $5 a gallon. That way, I could smugly drive by all those Hummer drivers and laugh my maniacal laugh..... :twisted:
If it goes up any higher...I'll be paying a crapload. I'm going to have to get another job if this keeps up just to pay for gas.

·
Registered
711 Posts
SETI20 said:
ollie said:
SETI20 said:

No, I pay 7.50 a gallon.
98 octane is just over 8 bucks.
I don't get it ollie... you thought it was PPL, yet you divided the liters by 3.78, instead of multiplying... 1 GALLON = 3.78 LITERS, not the other way around...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.