Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find out why the horn is not working. Direct connection to battery sounds the horn. Aftermarket steering wheel but previous owner says it worked with steering wheel until one day it did not. No horn relay listed in manuals. Any ideas or experience with this issue? Please help....can't get inspected till it works.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
You don't KNOW that it worked before, it's just something the PO told you. Take the thing apart and see how it's connected, the horn is really simple. There is a wire going to a grounding ring around the outside, and another going to the button.
Also, if you just want to pass inspection, you can probably just wire a switch up to the horn on the dash somewhere, I've seen people do that and pass inspection in NH anyway. I wouldn't recommend that as a permanent fix, it's probably not the safest thing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The anemic horn on a CRX is like nipples on a man... I suppose they might be usefull for something.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I know some cars (not sure about rex) have it wired up so if your brake lights aren't working, your horn won't work. Just for ****s and grins, check and see if you have brake lights???? Might work?

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I actually had to fix my horn today! I have a MOMO hub and wheel on my car. The previous owner had removed the disc that cancels the turn signals for his aftermarket wheel and then re-installed the OEM wheel before I bought it without that disc. I had my hub and wheel on there without it until the other day, when I got one to put in, and then the horn stopped working. I thought I had unplugged a wire or something, but when I got it apart, I realised that the little metal arm (I think it's the + for the horn) was not reaching the hub when the disc spacer is in there. I just bent it out a little and it works fine now.
To make sure that's it, take the wheel off so you have just the arm and splined shaft. Use a screwdriver or something to connect the arm to the shaft or another ground, and the horn should sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.