Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the hood and front panel differ on the two but what if you swapped the hood, fenders, nose and bumper from an 88 CRX to an 86? Will it work? I see a lot of items (aftermarket) designed for the 88 and up but not for the ealier 84-87. From external appearence it seems that if I bought an 88 hood, fenders, bumper spoiler, projector lights and corner lamps that they would all work but I don't know about mounting points!?! Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! I finally got to the junk yard and saw a newer crx. Yep, way diff. Oh well. Know any good place to get front fenders and a nose piece for an 86?

JOChuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jumpoutchuck said:
Thanks!! I finally got to the junk yard and saw a newer crx. Yep, way diff. Oh well. Know any good place to get front fenders and a nose piece for an 86?

JOChuck
Stock or body kit style? I have a 87 Si front bumper if your anywhere near the eastern side of PA.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
dude people say it wouldent work but im sure it can be done ,i know for a fact that you can put the 2nd gen bumpers on a 1st gen but you have to cut an inch out of the center just get it to fit right

you can allso put the headlights on allso with some work lol

so i wouldent see why with some work why you couldent put a 2nd gen front on a first gen ,but in my oppinon i think it owuld look out of place

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
phatboycrxhf said:
here is a pic of a guys 87 dx with a 2nd gen front bumper halos and black corners

and here is one more
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the first car in this pic does not look like an 87 DX... The lights on the 87's are bulkier and the fenders come out more to the hood so there is huge bulk there as well, also the hood on the 87's didnt come to the front bumper, the front bumper went to the hood and its square like, not formed around the tail lights.... I can see it being if it was a heavily modified 87' DX... but it doesnt look like it is! (so I could be wrong)

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The first one is an 87 with 88-91 lights, and a body kit.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
yes i agree and the thing that got me was this was from a 16 year old kid that never did fiberglass work before :) can you just imagine what a few years of fiberglassing under his belt what he could accomplish :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
HAHA!!! I thought that kid everything he knows. I actually showed him step by step on how to do ALL of it. The car is a 87 dx. He does have alot of time on it and is now wanting to sell it. He is wanting to buy a 88-91 hatch. So if any you guys want to buy it or trade for a hatch just pm me and I will let him know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
phatboycrxhf said:
here is a pic of a guys 87 dx with a 2nd gen front bumper halos and black corners

and here is one more
I know this is an old thread, but what kind of bumper does that grey CRX have? looks awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts