Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to get this ECU for my D16a6 with I/H/E and possibly a 60mm tb soon. Will I have any problems with this I know a guy around here that has one in his dirt track crx and he said it was a good upgrade anyone else have any opinions? Also I am having a hard time finding one locally and ebay prices are insane anyone know where maybe I can find a programmed chip and maybe i can socket it into my existing one. And before anyone sends me to a programming site to do the programming myself I have to say say I know little about this and do not have the resources to do the programming.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I highly recommend that you NOT do that. Its a common misconception that the PG7 is a cheap, decent upgrade for the A6, but thats false! The only way it will benefit an A6 is if you're running a fairly aggresive cam. Otherwise it'll just dump fuel, which will dramatically reduce your gas mileage. Also, its been dyno-proven to actually reduce horsepower on an A6 w/ just bolt ons. (Looking for the link.)

·
Registered
214 Posts
The 88-89 pg7's don't use an external rom, last I knew nobody had downloaded the rom off of a pg7. I always tried to look for a pg7 file and could never find one. I ended up using a mugen and pm7 file in a pm6 ecu. That was to run a dohc zc with a pm6 ecu. What year is the pm6 ecu?

http://www.xenocron.com/ does some chipping services, he also does some wideband tuning if you live close by. Dave I am sure everyone will just point you to pgmfi.org as always, or even homemadeturbo.com.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I wonder if you are talking abou tme? I run the integra ecu in my dirt track car.... It is not a pg7 though.... it is a pr4.. that has been chipped with the " Mugen or Spoon" program.... I would have been happy with a stock one but this one was cheap... i got it off of ebay... the sellers name is

speedyecu

search by seller and you will find it.... most of his photos are taken with it on the floor in a doorway with his dirty sock holding it up.... but he is really speedy... and after i verified that it worked. . i tore into it to se ethe solder work...... first rate

here is a link with his current ebay auctions.... . i noticed that there is a pr4 and a pg7 on there.. . .

good luck . .
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZspeedyecu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts