Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up about 6 months ago. Original car, no rust, no accidents, no mods. 140k.
Had aftermarket radio in it, replaced with Honda unit, had broken Heater control, replaced with un broken unit, New 165/70-13's, new battery, Rear bar from my Si that I had, double adj Koni's I had from the Si, new bushings. Turned OEM ash tray into cup holder. Added OEM clock. I like clocks.
Car runs great and will keep original.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great find and in overall great original shape!
Surprised it isn't sundamaged, but the paint looks great on it!
Thanks, had to go to Portland to pick this one up. Original owner advertised on this forum to sell, which is how I found it. Garaged it's entire life. Have to buy these when they pop up, hard to find original unmolested cars at a fair price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, love it. What vehicle is that radio from its nice.
Thanks, clean car that drives great. Pulled radio from a 89 Accord. Original Honda unit that was offered for the 88-91 cars. Wanted to keep car as OEM as possible. Have 4 JBL's hooked to that unit with a BT connector for my phone. Works well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
94-97 Accord.
Nor sure with those dates. My info shows 1990-1997 Accord.
Anyhow, I was incorrect on the 88-91 cars. Honda 2400 radio. Thanks for the correction. I did find it in an Accord. Maybe it was a 90 instead of an 89. Fits perfect, plugs in to stock plug.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Nor sure with those dates. My info shows 1990-1997 Accord.
Yes, they used that headunit for 90-97 Accord, I was certain at least 94-97 as I had the same unit in my '96 Accord.

Anyhow, I was incorrect on the 88-91 cars. Honda 2400 radio. Thanks for the correction. I did find it in an Accord. Maybe it was a 90 instead of an 89. Fits perfect, plugs in to stock plug.
Honda 2400 radio?
Honda used those headunits with the large Grey plug up until 2000 or so, depending on the model.
With that, many different units will plug and play into these cars as long as the head unit accepts the large grey plug. The newer units use a shorter blue plug.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, they used that headunit for 90-97 Accord, I was certain at least 94-97 as I had the same unit in my '96 Accord.

Honda 2400 radio?
Honda used those headunits with the large Grey plug up until 2000 or so, depending on the model.
With that, many different units will plug and play into these cars.
I paid a whole $15 for that gem at a local salvage yard. With a guarantee return if it didn't work. 2400 is the model # noted on the radio face. Looked similar to the one I had in my 2000 Insight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts