Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I purchased this 88' SI a few years back from a co-worker that no longer had interest in it. It used to be his high school car back in the early 2000's and it was sitting it his garage for over a decade waiting for a new owner. Here are some pics of when i first purchased it, and how it currently sits. Im passed the tuner stage and aiming more towards a resto/preservation/OEM approach. I basically want a time machine haha. Its still a work in progress but I have a good foundation thus far. Any questions, comments, suggestions are much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately the original motor began blowing a lot of smoke and found out the piston rings were bad. I was quoted $1,200 by a local machine shop to rebuild the motor. Figured it was not worth it so I ended up purchasing a 90 Integra for $800 just the swap. After I dropped in the swap sold the shell for the same price haha. Its a simple plug and play swap and so far quite reliable.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car looks solid and definately looks like a turn of the millennium build.
Are the rain visors on the doors OEM? Both those and the rear window visor seem to be tough to find nowadays.

You're definately going to need to invest in one of these!
View attachment 1398
Haha i know right. The visors are not OEM unfortunately. Found these at the local scrap yard for a decent price. I remember you from way back when I first became a member in 2009. Greetings!

·
Registered
20,202 Posts
Haha i know right. The visors are not OEM unfortunately. Found these at the local scrap yard for a decent price.
Better than none at all and at least you didn't have to pay crazy resale prices for them. OEM or not, door visors for this car are close to impossible to find.

I remember you from way back when I first became a member in 2009. Greetings!
Yea, I've been here for a minute, your name looked familiar too. It seems like lately, there have been some old school peeps popping back in here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts