Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m looking for the clips that hold the rubber roof moulding In place, I can’t seem to locate them anywhere. Wondering if anyone has some laying around or knows or a source. Any help is much appreciated.
Regards,
JJ
Wood Asphalt Art Landscape Flooring

Wood Electric blue Font Fashion accessory Rectangle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I’m going to, unfortunately the subject piece i have pictured has been lost, so I don’t have one to work from. If anyone has one laying around and is willing to donate to science I would be very grateful and repay you with fresh printed ones after i prove the design.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Related to this:
For those who have removed the roof moldings on the CRX, I believe it is a process of sliding the whole thing rearward before lifting it out. Is that correct?

I have seen posts where people say “just pry it up with a small screwdriver”.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are correct, mine were all damaged and broken but as shown above, still enough to produce a 3D file. It’s funny the moldings are easy enough to find, just the clips seem impossible. I have brand new OEM moldings. Just need one clip.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Maybe you have other options when putting in the new plastic moldings. If a new clip is unobtainable, I have found the 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive, #08001,
to be super strong as an adhesive, and waterproof.
Well placed blob of the stuff where the clip is missing would probably hold it secure for the long term.
Of course the prep would need to be perfect - thoroughly cleaned surface, light scuffing etc. Then weighted down in that location until it’s completely cured. 24 hours.
IMO.
When you do get the new moldings applied you are aware that those hairline paint cracks in that trough is where water gets into the car.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Visit junk yard and check out 1st gen CRVs. I had the dreaded Honda water leak on my CRV and the clips looks the same. IDK if they are the same but look almost the same.

Reactions: Baker
1 - 8 of 8 Posts