Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community
yes its been a lot of time since last visit.
did some search but I cant find a solution.

D16Y8 installed, engine is in. I have an OBD1 P28 virgin ecu. and everything is stock.
I got a obd0 to obd1 plug, can remember from who other than it was from ebay.
transmission is 5 speed original that came with the D15b2.
Ive been wiring sensors one by one.
i'm using the Y8 distributor, I depin the cables and hopefully matched everything correctly. time will tell.
same goes for O2S and vtec solenoid and oil switch.
everything that needs wires has been added. 99%.

can someone please tell me which speed sensor I need to install to have the Vtec work.

at this time I only want to start the engine so Chipping ecu and other alternatives are not being contemplated, I know some sensors can be either eliminated or used from other sources by software mods but right now its all about starting the engine and make sure the engine is good.

I got the vss upper part(2 bolt holes) from a 97 Accord but it doesn't want to sit, I will remove the rear transm. mount to see if that works. may be its just me. but I don't see how its going to bolt on the tranny.

I will be considering buying another cluster but only after I solve the speed sensor thing first, I need the speedometer to work as well but later on.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
IIRC, to engage the VTEC you need WOT with the engine warmed up, good oil pressure, and a certain RPM depending on how the chip is set usually 4500 or so RPM's. This is all determined in the ECU.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all stock virgin p28 ob1.
The ecu wiring has a pin for electrical vss. I'll be going to junk yard tomorrow and buy a civic vss.
I'm still not sure what year though. There are not a single 92-95 civics on the yard at this moment.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Its all stock virgin p28 ob1.
The ecu wiring has a pin for electrical vss. I'll be going to junk yard tomorrow and buy a civic vss.
I'm still not sure what year though. There are not a single 92-95 civics on the yard at this moment.
The VSS is part of the speedometer and signal comes from there in CRX's. If your speedo does not work you don't get the signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts