Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Odd question, going for a lifted CRX?

As a technicality, they can be made to work as the 88-00 Civic/CRX/Integra chassis all share the same suspension bolt pattern as the RD1 CRV chassis. The RD1 is basically an SUV version of the 96-00 Civic chassis.

The issue is the shock spring rates and body length is way off, just over 4" too tall. So even though the top and bottom may bolt up, the suspension geometry would be off. Axles may bind, travel would be limited, wouldn't be safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I want to lift the crx. I need something for winter/trails/. That's a good point. But If I were to use the lower control arms , axles , and struts from the crv wouldn't the tire travel be the same? just sit higher and have a wider stance , and really bad camber?

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can always try. I think the axles would be at a funny angle and may pop out if it was too long of a stretch. All camber, caster and toe would be off and suspension travel could be limited. I suspect you would have extreme positive camber and a bouncy ride.

Send pics if you do it

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
From what I've read on the web, the wheel hub has a different spline count, and you must use B series axles to match it. But the knuckle itself will fit.

Unless you havea B series swapped already its a no show.
I can't recall if all the Crv caliper, caliper bracket and rotor needs to be used as well.

I wander if someone has tried using crv outer cv joints with the D series axleshaft.
🤔

I believe the b series axles are thicker but cant comfirm if the cv joint buckets are the same except for the spline count.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts