Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Just picked up a 97 D16y7 SOHC motor.I got the dizzy and P2E ECU with it.
I want to buy a 97 civic Engine harness off EBAY,I saw one for a 97 LX with AUTO.I want to know if I can use that harness with a 5spd car?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why do this swap? The Y7 is the low end DX engine, its only got 106 HP... Just curious if u had other plans...

You do not need a harness, but you wont be able to use that ECU without EXTENSIVE wiring... I would get an OBD1 non VTEC computer (P06), distributor, and convert up to that, its far easier and more tuning options available... IMO the money and time this will cost to do will not be worth it... Now a Y8 on the other hand......

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
He wouldnt even have to convert up to OBD1, if he has an Si, he can just throw it in place of the D16a6.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Angry said:
He wouldnt even have to convert up to OBD1, if he has an Si, he can just throw it in place of the D16a6.
True, true... Forgot, no VTEC simplifies things abit...

Technically, if he wanted to save himself even less wiring, he could just swap his IM over and run it DPFI... (He has a DPFI DX) But I'd atleast run it as a D16A6, with the PM6 with MPFI... May actually make more power than the D16A6 like that... The newer designed head probably flows slightly better...

Either way, I would advise AGAINST getting the 97 harness... It would be WAY too much work to get that to work in your car...

·
Registered
3 Posts
True, true... Forgot, no VTEC simplifies things abit...

Technically, if he wanted to save himself even less wiring, he could just swap his IM over and run it DPFI... (He has a DPFI DX) But I'd atleast run it as a D16A6, with the PM6 with MPFI... May actually make more power than the D16A6 like that... The newer designed head probably flows slightly better...

Either way, I would advise AGAINST getting the 97 harness... It would be WAY too much work to get that to work in your car...
So I’m doing the same, but ima run the D16y7 with the 2nd gen Crx si transmission, so I can just use the stock harness and ECU from the Si? And what about the injectors?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Use the y7 injectors, but you need to match the FI plug, your OBD0,1 FI plug won't work.

AND you need to bypass the FI resistor box.
The OBD0 injectors are low impedance. the resistor box change the signal to high impedance, the OBD2 injectors should be high imp. So there is no need for the resistor box

Just make sure to measure the Fuel injectors impedance before doing anything AND make sure you match polarity at the FI terminals.

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
The inj can be easily bought and swapped.. As mossin said the resistor box needs bypassed...haven't seen one for years but small metal box with heat sink on driver side?? Green plug maybe.. mossin do you remember is the Y7 inj still the same size as A6? I remember people just swapping a Y7 in place of the A6 and they just used everything from the A6... Pm6.. distributor ,intake...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
No man, sorry.
My car it's been siting inside the garage for the last 7+ years. Finally I decided to bring it back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts