Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, I believe mine cost me 800 with all lug nuts and shipping. I will probably go with Buddy Club SF's again but will go with 15X6.5 +42 in white, or there's a guy on I believe HT that's selling the '96 ITR 15X6.5 replicas with center caps for a really good price. He said he'll be back in stock next month, so we will see. I've thought about buying both sets b/c I plan on buying another crx when I get back to AK to drive around for a while before I build that too, lol.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Word. My bro knows a guy looking for some 17's so I think Imma try to unload mine for $500-600 if I can. I actually paid $640 by the time I got lugs and tires mounted on the rims. I have only had em for about 6 months and they are mint so I am hoping the guy gets em so I can get some 15's. Since I bought em in the ghetto they were cheap b/c I have seen similar at Discount Tire for $700+.

And having 2 CRX's sounds like a wonderful idea :)b

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah, I definitely didn't have tires at 800, lol. I thought it would be cool too, I figured two builds would keep me fairly busy for a while.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok, almost paid off most of the parts! All that's left are the vtec tail lights, rims & tires, alignment kit, and the motor itself. Pics will be posted when I get them!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey everyone, I just got back from afghanstan recently. Here's how the car looked when I picked it up:

Here's the car next to all the crates of stuff I ordered:

The JDM front ready to go on:

Pics during the install:

Finished product:

Today I gutted the rear so the brackets can be welded in for the rear seats to be installed tomorrow night. Here's what it looks like now:

I will update with more pics as I go, hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks, I got it in that color, I'm going to paint it champ white when I do. Oddly enough, all the parts I ordered from Steve at HMO came from the same car, a maroon JDM DX.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey y'all, its been a while since I've posted on here, but I was curious about what T bracket makes the JDM hood fit perfectly without modifying the hood latch? I got mine to work but I want it to look and work like its supposed to.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I believe its ef6 and ef7

·
Registered
91 Crx Dx w/B16a, JDM front, JDM rear interior
11 Posts
Hello everyone! After 10 years of storage in AZ I was finally able to get my CRX to AK! It was kind of like Christmas going through all the parts figuring out what I have. As of now I cannot get it to crank. I've replaced the starter and turned the motor over by hand to verify it wasn't still seized. I'm thinking it's a relay but I'm not certain yet. The clutch switch seems to be operating also. Hopefully I'll be able to get it started so I can move it indoors for the winter, then start building again come spring...

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, after switching out the starter, main, and starter relays I figured out that the starter was wrong. I ended up putting the old starter back in and now it cranks over very well. Still no start, but I don't remember hearing the fuel pump, so I'll be looking into that. It sat for about a decade so having to go through the tank isn't a huge surprise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The old starter is a mitsuba sm-402-01, hopefully someone on here can tell me what will swap in as it seems that no one can get them here...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I switched out the fuel filter in hopes that it was the issue, but no dice. I've ordered the fuel tank, pump assembly, walbro pump, sending unit, and pump strainer. I'll also be picking up an AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel pressure regulator, and gauge. I'm hoping that everything is in decent shape, but we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, over the past few days I've been working on a few things. I have the tank pulled, I ordered new clips for the plastic cover and got the old tank out.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

I've been tinkering with my new fuel rail and FPR.
Wood Eyewear Asphalt Road surface Table

Then I mounted the walbro to my new fuel pump assembly.
Ac adapter Eyewear Gadget Audio equipment Electrical wiring

Sadly, the new fuel sending unit never showed and was refunded so I'll see if I can salvage the old one to get it on the road. Today I finished coating the bottom of the gas tank.
Furniture Comfort Hood Automotive tire Blue
Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Grey Road surface

I also found that on my car, unlike all the forums claimed, my return and pressure fuel lines are the same size at 5/16.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts