Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I am gonna go check out a crx tomorrow. It has approx. 95,000 kms on it. 1 owner, all original paint etc etc.. totally stock !
price is in Canadian dollars.

I was wondering what you guys think it's worth ?
here are the details...

Year: 1991
Make: HONDA
Model: CRX
Model Detail: SI
Price: $10,500
Mileage: 95,000 km
Date: 5/6/2006
Ad Type: Private

95,000 KM TIME CAPSULE
Comment: (Last year made), 95,000 km, 1.6L, 5 spd, 4 wheel disc, power sunroof, factory stereo, clock & rims. Brand new (no miles) "Michelin" pilot tires, new "Honda" battery & exhaust, original flint black paint (no rust), fresh service F/W Mobil 1 synthetic, must be seen, U.V.I.P. Package, e-tested, cert., $10,500. (416)822-7722, Oakville

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna take pics of it tomorrow, and post them.
I wouldn't offer more than $8000 Canadian for it ($7,228.70 USD)

The owner said it probably needs a timing belt + water pump.

If I do get it, Im gonna swap all the parts from my crx to that one, and sell my red one. I love the red one, but the mileage is 146,000 miles , and it burns a lil oil.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
7200US is still a lot for a stock CRX. Is it really hard to find a rust-free car out there? I'm looking at getting a black 91 Si this summer from a friend with 65k (miles) on it and no rust, I don't expect to pay more that 3 grand for it.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already have a pretty mint crx, but it aint perfect. Im a perfectionist....LoL
Its really really really tough to find an original paint all original non tampered with crx , with very low mileage.. So its worth all the money.

downest said:
I'm looking at getting a black 91 Si this summer from a friend with 65k (miles) on it and no rust, I don't expect to pay more that 3 grand for it.
$3000 ? I bet it has all kinds of bondo on it.. and it's probably repainted...

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
No, it's clean. He's the second owner, had it for 9 years and since 15k miles, it was his first car. It's been autocrossed a lot, so I would worry about the motor... IF my A6/Y8 mini-me wasn't going into it...

·
Registered
916 Posts
It is very hard to find a clean and unmolested car up here. Personally I would offer $5500, but get a full inspection done first, so you can nitpick about every little leak and repair it needs to get the price down. If you offer $5500, negotiate and hopefully settle around $6500-$7500, which would be decent if you have the money and are willing to spend it on this. Moderately modded or stock CRX with 200xxx+ kms are going for 4-6k around here in Alberta.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I saw that car in the toronto auto trader. True, it is hard to find a crx up here in that kind of condition.The car looks really clean.The price though,is flat out ridiculous, I paid 4 g's for mine last year and it is damm near perfect.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
torontocrx said:
I would,but to be honest I'm kind of computer iliterate ,and I don't know how to post them.I'm not trying to shoot my mouth off about my car.I'm just trying to point out how over priced that car is.
haha.. ok.. email the pics to me, then I will post them for you.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I went to see the car today. Here are the minor problems with it.

- hood was repainted
- rusty inside engine bay parts
- rusted exhaust manifold
- needs new timing belt + water pump
- No air conditioning
- 5 Minor rust pits on the sunroof
- 2 touched up scratches on the passenger 1/4 panel
- dent on rear upper 1/4 panel above rear window

Besides that, car is mint. I rate it 8 outta 10.

Heres a link to pics:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1619235

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I went to see the car today. Here are the minor problems with it.

- hood was repainted
- rusty inside engine bay parts
- rusted exhaust manifold
- needs new timing belt + water pump
- No air conditioning
- 5 Minor rust pits on the sunroof
- 2 touched up scratches on the passenger 1/4 panel
- dent on rear upper 1/4 panel above rear window

Besides that, car is mint. I rate it 8 outta 10.

HERE'S A LINK TO THE PICS:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1619235

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.