Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Remember to use all your factory control arms, only swap the trailing arms, and get an alignment a week or 2 after the swap just to be safe.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but I assume this would be the same with a 2001 GSR brakes > 89 CRX (rear drums)? I was planning on swapping brakes on all four corners to update the old hardware, but I think for the benefit I'd get compared to the amount of extra work and hassle, that I'll just go with the rears for now. Was planning on doing this mid-season, but I discovered a leak behind my driver's side rear tire and the reservoir low and first race is mid-April!

I will need:
stock e-brake (89 Si)
stock control arms (89 Si)
Integra trailing arms (01 GSR)
stainless brake lines (88-89 Si)
Proportioning valve (01 GSR)
Leave stock master cylinder and brake booster (89 Si) - any benefit in using the Integra ones?

Also, I'm able to get any of the Teg stuff at a pretty good price from a buddy, so is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
You've got it pretty much right Dub. Just remember that you want e-brake cables and brake lines for a CRX with rear discs, which means 90-91 Si. You'll get better pedal feel with the teg MC, but you don't need the booster.

If your budget can handle it, now's a good time for new rotors and/or calipers as well. Especially if you're unsure about the condition of the donor parts.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
SiGuy said:
while you are at it get the gsr brake booster and 1" master cylinder....that was a huge improvement even on my stock 90 si 4 wheel discs.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm new at this and I'm curious....

My 88 has discs in the front and drums in the rear. Would it give me a significant improvement in braking to get a gsr booster and 1" master on the existing disc/drum combo?

And if I upgraded the front discs, would it be possible to move the current discs to the rear?

·
Registered
293 Posts
bil said:
SiGuy said:
while you are at it get the gsr brake booster and 1" master cylinder....that was a huge improvement even on my stock 90 si 4 wheel discs.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm new at this and I'm curious....

My 88 has discs in the front and drums in the rear. Would it give me a significant improvement in braking to get a gsr booster and 1" master on the existing disc/drum combo?

And if I upgraded the front discs, would it be possible to move the current discs to the rear?
when upping the size of the master cylinder you get more pedal pressure you could swap in a integra master cylinder along with the brake booster. and you can up grade the front brakes but in my opinion the best way to do that is to get 90-91 civic sedan EX front spindles with the bigger front brake rotors.

what will give you the best braking is simply replacing the stock rotors with slotted front rotors and get a good set of performance brakepads.
also replacing the worn out brake lines with stainless steel brake lines will help out alot with pedal pressure.

powerslots and hawk brake pads up front, properly adjusting the rear brake shoes and ss brake lines will do wonders.

scarponze

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
zulued said:
when upping the size of the master cylinder you get more pedal pressure you could swap in a integra master cylinder along with the brake booster. and you can up grade the front brakes but in my opinion the best way to do that is to get 90-91 civic sedan EX front spindles with the bigger front brake rotors.

what will give you the best braking is simply replacing the stock rotors with slotted front rotors and get a good set of performance brakepads.
also replacing the worn out brake lines with stainless steel brake lines will help out alot with pedal pressure.

powerslots and hawk brake pads up front, properly adjusting the rear brake shoes and ss brake lines will do wonders.
I'm pretty happy with the stock brakes, so it sounds like the best approach would be to do the lines and upgrade the pads, and see how that is, and then perhaps upgrade the rotors in the stock size. Then if I want to go further, I can upgrade the MC and booster. Since it's a daily driver that would probably be enough of an improvement.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.