Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday:
Sunday: You'll love this crazy sh-t! Got up, looked outside like I do everyday to see what the night has brought. My neighbor drives semi and parks in front of my house cause he lives a couple door down. I look out, and see that it looks like someone ran into his truck last night!! The mudflap and bracket were laying on the ground with a bunch of glass. I try to call him, no answer. This truck is his baby, so I get dressed and walk to his house to tell him. At first, he didn't believe me. He thought I was waking him up on his day off just to get my Socom 2 game back from him. Well someone did hit his truck. Hard enough to move it 3 feet. A semi without a trailer weighs apprx 16,000 lbs. I did not see a point of impact, so we figured it was on the tires. Then we notice that the chassis mounts to the frame rails were busted. It sheered six 5/8" bolts clean off and sent them flying!!! I then notice the coolant puddle on the ground. I start to walk and follow the trail figuring whatever it was, wasn't going to get far with no coolant. Here comes part 2 of the story.......

I live apprx 3.5 blocks from a set of railroad tracks. These tracks have the automated gates that come down. As I was following the coolant marks, I notice a woman on a bike wipe out right at the tracks. Just after she goes down, the gates come down. From where I was I couldn't tell where she fell down. The first car to the gates stops, the two people jump out and start running for the lady waving their arms and yelling. I figure, crap, and start running myself. Apparently, she fell right inbetween the tracks with a train bearing down on her. She was tangled between the rails and the bike. At the VERY LAST SECOND, she literally sprung out of the way and the train hit her bike. It took the train apprx 4-6 blocks to come to a stop. The lady was fine. I think the train conductor was more shook than she was, he was in tears!

.......meanwhile, my neighbor that owned the truck had done his own following of the coolant trail and had found the car. It was an Eagle Talon. Both airbags were set off, the windshield had a head print in it, and there was blood on the center console. Oh, and the car was about a foot and half shorter on the pass side. She ended up getting a "hit and run with injury" which in Wisconsin is a felony.

All this before noon! That is the chaos that is my life

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
OK, I have to admit it:

I was more than a little bit disappointed.

Here's why:

Neil's signature reads:

Marine Snipers : America's number one long distance service provider
Call me sick, twisted, insane, what-have-you, but I really hoped this was something related to that.
:(

A drunk leaving the scene of an accident, then saving some moron from themselves?
pppfffttt!
That's a daily occurance in the Life of Mark.
:p
Sorry to disappoint! LOL

My sig is what it is because of my career choice that I was DENIED. God bless the USMC. It's a long story, maybe someday around a fire with a beer I'll tell you all about my short lived military career.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.