Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have a simple decision to make, but for some reason I can't make up my mind. Here's the situation: I'm now working on sandblasting and repainting all of the front suspension pieces for my restoration project. Here's my dilemna: The cast pieces (knuckle, lower control arm, fork, etc) were originally all semi-gloss black on our CRX's. I really like the idea of painting them to look like fresh cast iron with POR Metal-Mask paint. However, I'm also trying to be true to the restoration plan. I'm not sure if I should paint them back to semi-gloss black or cast iron look.

Go here to see what POR Metal Mask looks like:

http://www.por15canada.com/can/topcoat.asp

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm doing it for me. :D Black paint or metal-looking paint...either way will look better than the half-rusty/peeling paint that's on there right now.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys. I'm going to paint a couple of pieces in the "bare-metal" paint and see how they turn out. If I don't like em (highly unlikely, because I'm sure they'll look dead-sexy), I'll just sandblast it off and paint them black.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'm all about the metal mask too!

Good luck, can't wait for pics.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
one vote for the black look, but like you said, you're doing it for YOU. post up pics when you paint 'em.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry it took so long guys. I finally got them painted with the POR Metal Mask paint. It looks very close to gun metal colour. I'm really liking the way they turned out. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The stuff is rock solid. I dropped one of the LCA's on the concrete floor of my garage and it didn't even leave a mark in the paint.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
SETI20 said:
fckn showoff. :evil:
I love you to Bas.... hahhaa! :lol: just wait till you see the rest of it ;)

Sticker: Yea, it really came out great, and its definitely the longest lasting coating you can do, unless you do a Cadmium-type plating on them, which is more than possible, but then you'd wind up with either silver or gold colored parts, which may not look all that great... haha! There is a blackening coating you can also do which works well on metal, but its nothing quite as nice as powdercoating 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.