Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
so if you want people to get out of your way, just rear end them... seems like a good idea to me.

No wonder why it takes so much convincing to get the Iraqis to believe we are there to help.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The reason they do that is because if they stop they are very vulnerable to attack. So you have a choice; ram a few cars out of the way, keep moving and increase you chances of survival; or get stuck in traffic and get attacked and killed by insurgents. It's not life and death over here like it is there. The Iraqis know the drill and most will move out of the way. Those that don't get moved.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I thought for sure an IED was gonna go off too......but yeah they do have to keep moving I guess......you would think that they would have a siren or something on their hummvees

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
coz said:
The reason they do that is because if they stop they are very vulnerable to attack. So you have a choice; ram a few cars out of the way, keep moving and increase you chances of survival; or get stuck in traffic and get attacked and killed by insurgents. It's not life and death over here like it is there. The Iraqis know the drill and most will move out of the way. Those that don't get moved.
Thats a good point, but they were driving on the medians anyway...

A guy I was working with told me that was the hardest thing while being over there... convincing the Iraqis we were there for their good, not ours. Some of the videos that come out online from over there just don't help our soldiers pass on that message.

·
Registered
953 Posts
coz said:
They were blowing the horn.
You couldnt hear it. Get an air horn. That will let them know we're coming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.