Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it rained pretty bad for the last few days here in Toronto, and i noticed something weird/scary... the area right behind the drivers seat was soaked!!!

So i took a harder look around, for any noticable leaks... couldn't see anything. The rain hasn't cleared up so i haven't yet put the car up on a hoist and really checked it out, but i'm afriad my nightmares may have come true... i may have a hole in my floor!!! :shock:

anyone experience this before? suggestions on what i should do anybody? I'm planning on stripping the car bare and getting it worked by a bodyshop... is something like this fixable!? :cry:

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you had a hole in your floor the water wouldn't magically come up off the ground through the hole! You're fine, lots of people have leak problems. If you have an Si it is most likely related to the sunroof. Just track it down before it gets worse!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
purplecrx said:
If you had a hole in your floor the water wouldn't magically come up off the ground through the hole! You're fine, lots of people have leak problems. If you have an Si it is most likely related to the sunroof. Just track it down before it gets worse!
But its not the sunroof... i've been checking the sunroof for leaks forever.

This isn't something new to me, i've seen it before when it rained, i just figured i may have splilled something, and so i just napped it up with paper towel.

also about water magically comming up into the hole, i'd figure it was just getting sprayed up as i drive, and collects in the carpetting over time...

I'm planning on stripping the whole car and letting a bodyshop clean it up, i'm just worried that it maybe unfixable! :(

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SETI20 said:
You'd be surprised to what is "fixable" or not.
I've seen an entire floor pan replaced once.

Cutting a piece out and welding it in is usually a possibility. Maybe even a good time to "upgrade" to a smooth floor board :wink:
Ah man this is gonna be a project... i'm thinkin i'm gonna learn how to weld myself, or i'll just be working for the next few months to payoff my body guy! LOL

While on the topic of leaks, anyone else experiece a leak in their hatch!???
After a heavy rain i make sure to open my hatch, and water flows out from INSIDE the hatch through a small hole on the right side...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SETI20 said:
can you make a picture of the location for me?
As soon as i get home i'll make sure to take pics of the issues at hand and post em up...

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
another common area that often leads to water on the floor behind the rear seat, and in the ahtch is the drip rails. The roof is only spotwelded on, and then glued with seam sealer. After 15 yrs or more, that stuff dries out and cracks, leading to water on the floor.

A plugged sunroof drain tube could also be the culprit.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I left that one out since he said the floor behind the drivers seat is wet. If its the tails, that must be one helluva big leak, or hes got good brakes :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have this same leak problem: behind the driver's seat. The only other leak I've had was in front of the passenger's seat. I cleaned out my (blocked up) sunroof drain tubes and haven't seen a leak since, and I live in the rainy rainy Pacific Northwest :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man thanks alot guys, i was freakin out, getting paranoid, worried i was gonna hafta sell my car! Ah i wasn't happy yesterday at all cause of all this crap. This weekend (hopefully, weather permitting) i'm gonna see what i can do to deal with these leaks. Sorry i wasn't able to take any pics last night, i'll try and get some today after work if i get the oppertunity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts