Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a front discharge concrete mixer weighing about 84.000 lbs [overweight] with 10 yards.

A couple days ago, I was leaving a jobsite after pouring a driveway and go to turn the steering wheel and the column shaft pulled apart at the slider. :eek: :shock: . So I call on the 2 way to have the mechanic come out to check it out and he puts it back together so I can drive slowly back to the plant about 5 miles.

When I get back, he ordered all new parts. Yesterday, I started driving it again. I really dont feel safe driving this truck anymore. I cant imagine what would have happened if I was driving down the road loaded. I could have killed a lot of people including myself.

I told them I wont be going over 35 loaded or 40 empty.

Somebodys looking out for me :D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
holy wow.... Glad you are ok, i feel the same way. . .. .if i have to drive a pile home or what not 35 is the max speed i feel comfortable jumping out at. .. . .im sure it still messed you up good. . .. . . but i'd risk it. .. ..

Chris

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It messed me up a bit mentaly. For one thing, concrete mixers are the second most likely to roll over because of the derection the drum turns when your driving down the road. The center of gravity is towards the left side. [Cant say the drivers side because I sit in the center]. The dryer the concrete is, the more likly you are to roll over when turning right.

The only truck more prone to rolling over is hanging meat because of it swinging.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I hope your truck isnt yellow. If it is, that might explain something. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.