Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blah blah blah H22 crx. Im trying to finish up small things and I forgot about this

anyone know exactly what i need to do with it? Im using a Locash obd-0 to obd-1 harness. I dont have any h22 engine harness plugs either. I know the plug wire goes to the distributor, but there is a square plug on the bottom side I have no idea what to do now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Does the distributor that you are currently using have an internal coil? If so you actually don't need that. If you are converting to an external coil there should be two wires inside your distributor that need to connect to the coil you currently have. That will require the plug or just run an aftermarket coil.

If you distributor cap has an connection for an external coil then you need to get the wires that connect to the external coil for the spark signal.

I might be typing stuff you already knew, but I figure any post is better than no post just in case.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked around and found out I may have to get the wires from the d16 harness that went to the internal coil and use those to run to the external coil.

If this is what i need to do, any got any ideas or a how to perhaps :wink:

·
Registered
416 Posts
So are you using a harness for a car with an internal coil but using a distributor that has an external coil? That would mean your harness wouldn't have the wires needed for the external coil and because the distributor you are using doesn't use an internal coil the wires are not in the distributor housing.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just went and looked at my old distributor and the color of the wires that connect to the internal coil are black with a yellow stripe and a solid blue wire.

The black/yellow wire is the same for the H222a as well.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a prelude manual in pdf form on my computer. I pulled the diagram in the manual.

The plug on the external coil has 4 tabs inside. they are labeled a b c d in the manual.

In this pic, take C for example going from the coil, to the dist. Where it enters the dist, does it change from yellow, to blk/yel inside the dist?

This is the prelude diagram. It looks like I have to route the blk/yel to the coil. This pic doesnt show the D, but later in the manual it shows the 4-P connecter and has it broke down like this:
A C
B D

I was given a break down of wire color/ funcions. Ive cut out the obd-2 stuff since i dont need it.

OBD0 OBD1 Function
Orange Orange CYPP
White White CYPG
Orange/Blue Orange/Blue TDCP
White/Blue White/Blue TDCG
Blue/Green Blue/Green CKPP
Blue/Yellow Blue/Yellow CKPG
Large White Yellow/Green ICM
Black/Yellow Black/Yellow IGN output
Blue Blue Tach output

So blk/yel from the ignition switch to the coil --- A

Now on the blue wire, would I just cut it in the main harness then put it to the B spot on the coil? then it would continue to the dist. Would that be correct even with the dist adapter? then it would go from the dist to the tach right?

I have no clue if its correct or not, but any help is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.