Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, well, I guess you deserve to know. I'm upset, but it's not the end of the line here. I was following a friend (BigDare23) in an area I'm not real familiar with. He made a turn that I wasn't sure I was supposed to make. I was just trying to get to the highway. So I looked over my shoulder to see where he was going, and then, oh damn, there's a mid 90s 3-series stopped dead in front of me. I had nowhere to go except into his bumper. It was probably a 10 mph hit. He pulled forward and all I could see is paint transfer on his bumper, so I thought this could turn out good. Nope, my car is screwed. Fortunately the BMW driver decided all was well and went on his way, but I have to fix my car.

Basically I need to put together parts of a JDM front end, and go to the bodyshop. Again. The hood is ruined, the bumper is not terrible but I don't think it's worth repairing, the support is bent too. I have one good headlight and one good bumper light, the corner lights and fenders are fine. My main concern is the bulkhead, the frame around the driver's side headlight is bent, but the unibody looks otherwise straight.

I'll most likely get a new front bulkhead from Honda and have it welded on. I'll need a new T-bar too. I can get a new (used) hood, bumper and bumper lights from JHot, 2 hours away. This is a fairly good excuse to get glass EDM H4 headlights I suppose. (are you listening Bas?) Then it will just need paint.

It's not really a matter of "what am I going to do?" it's more like "I hate dealing with this again." I just washed the car today too, but isn't that how it always works.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Damn that sucks, and it was so clean!
Guess you need to upgrade the DX brakes after putting in that b-series huh? :p j/p

It coulda be alot worse though...

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jhot has a bumper and a hood for me, I can get both pieces for about $250. I can't pick them up until next Thursday though. Looks like Bas will pull through with some headlights, and I just need to find some bumper lights. Or at least a driver's side.

I'm meeting with a bodyshop tonight, they've got a good reputation among the local honda owners. I'll find out what parts I have to order through Honda and what it'll run me for repair and paint. I'm hoping to be better than before in 2 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted. I'll get more pics of the bumper and the damage this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
That does suck...but it also gets me angry.

I buy a EF front and it comes all mashed up, and I can't get exchanged parts. You smash your car, and you have replacement parts a couple hours away!

aaaaaaah!!!

ok I think I'll be alright... :cry:

·
Registered
731 Posts
A thousand words? Only one comes to mind..... F&%K!!!

Sorry man, hope you get her back together good as new.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CRXBart said:
ComposiMo said:
:X

%#$^%#@^&#$&#&#^^#*%*#%&%^#^

On the bright side for ya, I have a set of glass H4 headlights though with the power up-down feature i'm willing to sell ;)
Or if you want to save some money I will buy those from John, and sell you my mint JDM units. :wink:
Thanks for the offers guys. PM me a price John? Sorry Bart, but I have to take advantage of what good is in this situation. I'll be upgrading to glass. :)

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.