Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has wanted a CRX for a while, of course he really wants an Si. We found a pretty good looking 90 HF for a decent price, and we're planning to swap in an A6. I was wondering if the axles will fit the Si tranny as well, we're getting that with the A6, so are the HF hubs the same? We will be getting the motor, tranny, and ECU (thanks d16z6rex). I know the cat will need to be relocated as well, can we just cut the stock HF cat out and move it to the Si location? Is there anything else we will need?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
also the inside of ALL the axles are the same. just match your axles to the hubs and youll always be good

·
Registered
731 Posts
downest said:
I was wondering if the axles will fit the Si tranny as well, we're getting that with the A6, so are the HF hubs the same?
The si/dx and hf axles all have the same spline count on the tranny end. The hf has a different spline count on the hub end. This means you can use the hf axles with an si tranny in that car if you leave the hf hubs alone. You cannot use si axles with hf hubs so if you ever have to get replacement axles, you will need hf axles. A simple way of looking at it is: get the axle to match the hub and you're set.

I know the cat will need to be relocated as well, can we just cut the stock HF cat out and move it to the Si location?
No because the hf cat is irregularly shaped and will require custom bending of the exhaust pipes if you want to use it in the si location. What you can do though is just keep the entire stock hf exhaust which will bolt up to the si engine. This however will choke the hell out of the si engine and make it run much weaker than it should.

EDIT: sorry for the repeat info. While typing, d16 already posted some of it.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so we will keep the HF axles in. I could cut out my cat and give it to him, I don't think we need it for inspection in NH anyway, and I want to replace my exhaust. Is there any advantage to swapping hubs?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ever seen hf brake pads? They're so cute and look like they belong on a moped. It's not so cute though trying to stop in a hurry at speeds beyond 80.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, we are leaving soon to pick up the HF in New Hampshire, maybe dropping in to see my parents, and then driving the 200+ miles back here. This swap is going to happen soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.