Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use high compression a6 pistons (11.0:1) in a dohc zc will they work without any problems? I am thinking of buying high compression pistons for an a6 to put in my zc because the a6 pistons are way cheaper.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They will physically work, but it doesn't mean you will get 11:1 when they're in a ZC. Calculating compression ratios isn't my strong suite, but I'd guess it would be closer to 10:1.
I understand the drive to save money but make sure what you're buying will do the job, otherwise you're not saving a dime.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a compression calculator and got around low 9's for this setup. I am trying to get a close to stock zc compression (9.5) piston to use a small turbo setup on low boost.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking for forged aftermarket pistons, not stock.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
If you are going turbo, then I don't see why you couldn't use stock sized A6 pistons. They are the same bore, and would drop teh compression a bit to let you run a bit higher boost.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock a6 pistons in a zc makes it like 7.9 and that is way too low. I have changed my mind about doing things to my zc, I am going to build an a6 instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts