Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
poormansporsche said:
it should have loads of potential.. with a larger turbo and a front mount IC.
According to the article, it has a variable flow turbo. I assume this is just a diffent name for the variable flow geometry stuff that has been seen in the past... Vanes around the perimeter of the turbine than can be adjusted to spool the turbo up as fast as possible, give maximum exhaust flow through the turbine, or anywhere inbetween. Anyway, if that's the case, an FMIC would still be a good idea, but a boost controller might be more effective than a larger turbo.
The big question is: Is it a K-series?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobski said:
poormansporsche said:
it should have loads of potential.. with a larger turbo and a front mount IC.
According to the article, it has a variable flow turbo. I assume this is just a diffent name for the variable flow geometry stuff that has been seen in the past... Vanes around the perimeter of the turbine than can be adjusted to spool the turbo up as fast as possible, give maximum exhaust flow through the turbine, or anywhere inbetween. Anyway, if that's the case, an FMIC would still be a good idea, but a boost controller might be more effective than a larger turbo.
The big question is: Is it a K-series?
that is indeed a big question.. can those pistons and rods go into a k.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
The Temple of VTEC said that it's a K23A1. They also said it's using a J-series V6 tranny, to handle the extra torque and probably also so it would work easier with SH-AWD. I don't know how they're mated together. If it would bolt up to a TSX's magnesium 6-speed and that top-mount was replaced with a front-mount, it would be a freakin' sweet CRX swap.

Hondata will probably find lots more power in the ECU too, but I wouldn't expect them to announce anything for at least a year. They're still cracking the new Civic Si's ECU.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
rex2nr said:
no, the bigger question is can John get one of those in a CRX... and what would it be called? an R-RX swap?
Anything is possible ;) hehe...

It does look to be a K series powerplant though. there are a few distinguishing features between the K and the L or whatever its called, and this looks more like a K.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i was wondering when this would come about...

now i'd like to see a super car from honda based on this concept... (stock turbo awd)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.