Meet&Greet Section
Good Idea1588.24%
Stupid Idea00.00%
I don't Care211.76%

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted this in the forum suggestion section, but CRX Fisher suggested I link to it here, and post a poll and see what the community thinks, so here I am.

http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?p=13635#13635

As it says in the link, several other sites have meet & greet sections so forum members can get together on weekends, post about local events, etc...

There's a few forums that have little posts in them now, they can be merged with other forums to keep down on the clutter. ie. Detailing could be merged with Restoration and Cosmetics, and a few ithers could be put together also. I'll leave the technical stuff to the forum gurus.

I just wondered what you all thought of this idea?

I think it would be nice to have a section where we could setup some mini-meets over the summer for BBQs and wrench days, etc...

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Absolutely. I think it is time to re-organize some things. And a meet section is a great idea.

·
Registered
859 Posts
crxfisher said:
Absolutely. I think it is time to re-organize some things. And a meet section is a great idea.
we neeeeeed a meet section lol woot woot, excpet we have alot of guys from across the pond

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
My parents are out in Idaho, as you know Mark, and my dad has been handing out cards to CRX's he sees. So if one shows up on your car, you'll know where it came from. :D We're working on more Idahoans.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
It's a great idea for people that live in a region dense with rexers. It's basically useless when you're the only one in your state.

I'm not in Oklahoma too much longer though... I'm still moving to Atlanta in June.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think a "meets" section would be a cool addition.. it doesnt have to be all divided up.. just one forum for people to announce any meets, or get togethers etc..

One more forum wouldnt hurt.. but if we get too many, the board will start to get cluttered...

later

Sneak

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
It would be nice to set up regional meets too. The Sportscar Club at school, the one that organizes the autocross, always talks about getting together to to F1 Boston or Race America. It would be neat to get some northeast members together to do that. I don't think I can make N12 this year because of my summer job, but I'd really like to meet some other members and see some clean CRXs. I haven't met anyone in this group in person. I met a couple of guys from my old motorcycle group to get some parts, it was really cool (even though they were 15-20 years older hehe).

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I said to Tom in chat, the only reason I go to Honda-Tech anymore is to check the meets section for local meets. I like thier setup, it's fairly easy to use, and pretty much self maintaining.

·
Registered
47 Posts
shadowcrx said:
howq about an apperance section for user pics too instead of just the gallery?
You mean, pics of registered members? That could be interesting or downright scary, depending on how you take it.

Here's an avant-gout:
http://www.mingers.com

More seriously though, I am afraid my geographical proximity (or rather lack of it) would make me a no-show to all your meets - so sorry, I'm outta this one.

JP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts