Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to PIR last night for Friday Night Drags. Thought I was set up pretty well. Hit Tech, and the guy looks at me and says, "God! You're the first person over 30 I've seen race a Honda!" I thanked him for his sensitivity and moved on. I was getting the feel of it, ran on the high 14's, and then finally get my best launch, hit third, and wammo! the gear shift knob comes off in my hand and the shifter sinks down bearly above the boot!! I tried desperately to grab the shift bar but no can do while trying to steer and not kill someone.
Today I guess I'll take a look and see what came apart, if I can make it to the car with my cane. :cry:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thats a sad story. Think of it like this, you getting older is the import scene getting older. The kids who started it are growing up. Think of al the 60+ guys who are in the american mussle scene.

As for the shifter, thats weird. Dosnt seem like to big of a problem. Maybe something just snaped. Hope you find the problem.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SETI20 said:
The shifter is held up with a couple of flims bolts. I've had this myself once.
While you're down there, make it up to her with some brand new shifter bushings from Summitracing. (Energy suspension)
Just looked. The bolts held fine. The bracket that holds the rubber bushing that what I guess is called pivot slides back and forth in, bent and the pivot fell out!!!. Piece of crud!! Its just thin metal. I wonder if I should just get another shifter. I really don't like these short shifters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.