Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
downest said:
Bart where did you find those!? That's what I was looking for... while sitting at home where it was 50F, clear and sunny with a slight breeze earlier today.
I did a search for "this thread is useless with out pics". While it was 50 deg in Ohio in December. Send some of that snow up here. I want to go snow boarding.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Kind of funny you mention it... my friends at RPI made a snowboard ramp for a class project in september. They got snow for it from the fieldhouse hockey rink and were grinding a rail they made when it was 80+ out. Some neighbours called the city and they got fined, but then Red Bull heard about it (it was in the paper) and they paid the fine, and now they give them free Red Bull...

ok this is getting way off topic. I'm waiting on pics, they better come SOON!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Here are some pics to start off.

My Deck. 10.5 inches is what I measured.

This is a good one to show the huge drifts from the last storm that havnt gone away.

Theres the CRX all snug in the garage. I couldn't leave it out :D

There ya go. Depending on where Plague_Dog is, there may be more snow there. From what I hear, other areas got hit harder than where I am.\

BTW, I snowblowed the area in that 2nd pic about 2 hrs before I took this picture.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You call that snowed in?

When I lived back home as a young lad that was on the ground in November and we still demanded more!

·
Registered
912 Posts
your also in Canada, so i'm sure this dosen't seem like much. Anyway, the storms supposed to sit over us for a few days, so this could just be the start of it.

Plus someone had to get pics up here before Tom exploded.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
CRXBart said:
FooFighter said:
Yea us Canadians know what "real" snow is...
I live in Ohio and I don't call that snowed in. Gotta have at least 24" to be snowed in IMHO. All that snow makes me very envious though. I want some!!!!!
Where do you go snowboarding at? Mad River? I have heard that Ohio is going to have a mild winter this year. It seems like we don't get much snow until the end of Jan. or the beginning of Feb. I would like to exoerience one Candian winter. It looks fun from the pictures I saw one time.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Alright, I won't lie, canadian winters aren't as bad as they used to be:

That's the view from my room, gee, the mountains of canadian snow really make me mad.

Every winter since I was 12 have been getting later and later, and warmer and warmer. It was at 8 C degrees all last week, and it's barely above freezing right now. We are hoping for snow in mid Jan, till about mid March, maybe 1 foot or so. Sad, I miss playing in my 3 feet of snow.

Before you get all 'why do your cars rust out so bad if you don't got no snow!', well, the second a drop of snow falls all the roads are salted white. Infact, if I jam it in second and just mat it real quick, there is enough salt on the roads to break the tires free. We got lucky, it rained 4-5 days ago and washed some off, but there was a little bit of snow this morning, so I think they are re-salting the roads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.