Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay a few questions i recently got ahold of an alarm system for my crx i have the power, LED, and shock sensor installed so my questions are

1. where is a good place to tap into for the door switches

2. Has anyone hooked up an ignition kill? my alarm has it built in but the wiring diagram is kinda hard to follow

3. where is a good place to hookup the lights for it IE: signals and brake light?

any help is appriciated THANX

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hey there. I installed a couple of alarms myself into my CRX's without knowing anything about alarm install. You will need a factory service manual (to identify the wires by colour) and a lot of time on your hands to trace the appropriate wires.

Most of the ignition related wires are in the ignition harness just below the steering column. For the doors, I tapped into the door switch wires just behind the driver's seat under the carpet. (however, if you trace the wires right, you should be able to tap into them in the lower left of the firewall (by the drivers side dead pedal). The corner lights can be tapped into on an extra plug (accessory plug #2) in on the dash fusebox.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.