Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
SETI20 said:
Del sol seats in the red one... needs an awful lot of work tho.
Which one, the red one looks perfect. It a DX is the only thing.

·
Registered
734 Posts
That red car doesn't look that clean at all, the exterior is pretty beat, faded and oxidized paint, trim and mouldings are faded and crappy looking, the car has dents and other major imperfections in multiple spots, it's got the wrong seats in it...bleh, it's OK if it's cheap, but it's far from clean.

·
Registered
734 Posts
FooFighter said:
Yea what "work" does the red one need? If you are talking about the faded paint then your wrong. The paint is faded because it is the original paint! I would much rather have the original paint on the car than some cheap repaint.
If you're excited about faded, oxidized paint because it's original, then go for it. This car is a rough, dime-a-dozen DX with 125,000 miles, the hood and bumpers in particular look terrible...the saving grace is that it has no rust, but it badly needs a repaint to look presentable anyway, so that doesn't really matter much.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
meh. Industrial-quality paint remover available at pep-boys will strip through anything in seconds. You can even watch the paint bubble and peel off. I think it's called aircraft remover or something like that. Just don't get it on your hands, that stuff burns.

It needs a professional bodyman to go over it, and with several new parts. The bumpers and trim especially. It might also be cheaper to replace the fenders than to repair them. After that, pick up some Si seats and THEN you can start fixing any mechanical issues it may have. Only after all that is finished will it become a good starting point for upgrades. But as a beater? I'd whip it. :wink:

The silver one also needs some bodywork, the paint on the bumper is coming off and it's starting to show rust. The sunroof doesn't look like it will close completely. The interior is decent, save for the typical worn-through driver's side bolster. And the parking brake needs to be adjusted but that's a 2-minute job.

Neither of these cars are ideal, but you could do much worse.

·
Registered
58 Posts
original paint means no accidents or plastic work and anything hidden under a ****ty paint job that you can't see from the outside, i'd take that red one over a shiney repainted rex anyday just because i'm a bodyman and will never trust what someone else has done to a car unless i can see it without paint, specially just metal preparation and rust prevention, especially with how tender the bodys of our Rex's are and after 15-20 years of wind sun rain and salt forget about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.