Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving out on an errand today along a major road, and there was a road crew that was clearing brush and mulching it on the side of the road. There was a flag lady with her *slow* sign, and she was just standing there holding it out...totally oblivious to what the work crew was doing next to the road. All of a sudden I see something coming towards me out of the corner of my eye. I knew there wasn't anyone in the other lane, so I swerved into the other lane to avoid it. The next thing I know, my car is being pelted by pine cones and small broken branches. I look in my rear view mirror and see that there is a tree is laying almost completely across the lane that I was in. I can't believe these idiots. You can't just fall trees next to a busy road like that. I just feel lucky that my car wasn't damaged (other than some sap on the paint), and that nobody got hurt.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff said:
Wow stick! Somebody upstairs is watching you.
Ya... either helping me out to avoid the tree...or knocking the tree down in my direction for kicks!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Which car were you in? Scary stuff. Trees don't just put dents in cars, they crush them.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crxfisher said:
Which car were you in? Scary stuff. Trees don't just put dents in cars, they crush them.
I was driving my white Si (daily driver). The worst thing about it to, was that if I was hit by that tree, I would've had zero visibility...and there's a strong likelihood that I would've hit the flag lady as well as write-off my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts