Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i bought a raditor from o reilly less than year ago and now its leaking real bad! I probably have warranty but i guess i could upgrade it to a aluminum full size radiator. Now i did search around and well i didnt found much. I need to know what compny makes a full size radiator for a 1991 crx si that will fit like stock. While doing some research a found one from Mishimoto and well that thing didnt fit right on the crx. Please anyone out there running and aluminum radiator help me out. What brand are ya running?Fitment issues?pictures of them install would be great thanks!

http://mnhondas.com/showthread.php?t=7816

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i have a mishimoto on my 240sx and its awesome. But like on the link i posted that guy had to do some major work to make it fit. So im looking for someone who has one installed on their crx and reviews on it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
ive used a ebay radiator dual core for a year now no problems here. dirt cheap, but always a famous saying goes with it, you pay for what you get.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey whats up man.!? I have a full size one by blackworks. It fits well but my car is not up and running at the moment so can't really give you any feedback. I am selling mine because I am doing a swap and it is designed for the d-series so it has smaller outlet and inlet necks. I am doing a b swap and the hoses are a little bigger. I dont want the hoses to be balloned at the neck points. I got it from jhpusa.com

·
Registered
863 Posts
Get a C&R (or Visteon) from a 90-93 integra. Full size dual core, stock fitment. Check out the Sponsors section at Honda-Tech, got mine new for $275 shipped.

You can kinda see it here in this picture, behind the smaller heat exchanger.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm now im leaning towards the blackworks radiator. Its pretty cheap and its an aluminum radiator.That C&R looks niiice and fitment too but 275 hmm. I looked on HT but couldnt find it.

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
I was also going to suggest using the 90-93 Integra full size radiator like Ldo did. I have a friend that used the Integra Fluidyne radiator in his EF, and it's a great, great unit. But like OGDEN mentioned, they're intended for use with the B-series engines, so they have the larger diameter inlet/outlet. If you're running a d-series, it's a pain in the ass to stretch the hoses to fit over them.

One thing to keep in mind with the half-size Fluidyne that's made for the CRX....it's also designed for use with the b-series engines, and has the larger inlet/outlet. (That's not something that they mention in their literature...I found out the hard way. lol)

Mishimoto is a replica of the Fluidyne radiators. I've never used a Mishimoto myself, so I can't comment on their quality. My only comment on the one in the link in the first post....it does seem like that person may have been comparing his new unit to an HF radiator, not a DX/Si? The stock HF radiators aren't as long as the others.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here are the pics of the blackworks radiator. I like it alot, fitment is great, I plan to get another one from them. This time I won't forget to mention I'm doing a b-swap! LoL Even the OEM fan bolts in with no problems at all. :)b

·
Registered
418 Posts
JDMCrx91 said:
Yeah i have a Mishimoto on my 240sx and its awesome. But like on the link i posted that guy had to do some major work to make it fit. So i'm looking for someone who has one installed on their crx and reviews on it.
This was correct a couple months ago, However I got in touch with Mishimoto and they actually used my crx to test fit their newly re-designed crx radiator. I have the prototype in my car. its all lined up perfectly and even fits in the car with a HF cat. The guy explained to me the problem of the old Mishimoto radiator and in-turn, the new one is a lot thinner and is OE fit. here is mine for reference.

I would call them and ask if they carry the new improved radiator. There's no reason I can see why it wouldn't be in stock yet. :)b

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NIIIICE i knew some on here had their new radiator and got it for free but couldnt remember who.Yeah the old design sucks haha.That one looks good.Hmm do you have the part number for it?

·
Registered
418 Posts
JDMCrx91 said:
NIIIICE i knew some on here had their new radiator and got it for free but couldnt remember who.Yeah the old design sucks haha.That one looks good.Hmm do you have the part number for it?
Yes I talked to the project manager for like an hour. He said was its going to "replace" their old radiator line.Nothing about part numbers. So honestly, i'm not sure. I went for the new radiator in September so their product should be out by now as he told me it wouldn't be long till its out on the market. The only way to find out is to call them. sorry I cant help anymore. But its defiantly worth the money!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have the $50 fleabay half size rad, fitment wasn't terrible, esp with a traction bar. Had to notch the hood a bit, but overall that thing works VERY well. I live in FL and have sat in traffic for HOURS in 100 degree temps, has never even hit the halfway mark on the temp gauge. I've also done a few jumps with it. No problems.

A fix for the hoses being to big for the necks, cut a few inches of the D series hose off, lube the inside of the B series hose, slide the piece of D series hose in the B series hose, install on radiator.

If you lube the hose up it isn't hard to get it over the larger inlet/outlet necks. My upper is a stock CRX hose on a bigger neck, bottom is a bigger hose with ends of the CRX hose slid inside...9 months daily driven, no problems.

Dallas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ldo said:
Get a C&R (or Visteon) from a 90-93 integra. Full size dual core, stock fitment. Check out the Sponsors section at Honda-Tech, got mine new for $275 shipped.

You can kinda see it here in this picture, behind the smaller heat exchanger.

what brand/size/type of radiator fan are you running?

lso, what is the legnth of your clutch cable? or what car is it from?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.