Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty amazing! Can you imagine how all this operates? How do they lock each car in its cubicle for safety? WHO CARES. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND COULD GET IN THERE.
Talk about German efficiency! The photos below were taken at a new parking garage in Munich. The actual space that the facility occupies is approximately only 20% of a comparable facility with the traditional design that is used primarily in the US. Not only is the German structure less expensive to build, but vehicles are also "retrieved" in less time and without the potential of being damaged by an attendant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Robb,

sorry mate but your info re 'garage' is incorrect.

what you see there is the Volkswagen factory in germany - and that is basically the storage facility of the new cars. You pick the car off the 'shelf' when you buy, and they lower it down and you drive away.

its not a carpark.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
German standards are more than a tad higher than most US standards.
in fact...there aren't that many american products that pass their (and our) safety standards.

Even though it's a huge space saver, I don't really think it's convenient.
I can't even count how often I have had to go back because I forgot something.

........like my ticket. Good luck fetching it floating seven stories up :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
coldtotouch said:
SINISTR said:
Robb,

haha OWNED :p
I didn't mean it in a nasty way - sorry if it sounded like that - definately not the intention. its a factory and yes its storage but the way I understood the description is 'a parking garage' like a public parking garage and hence my comment that its a factory storage area.

sorry to the original poster Robb - sorry mate - no harm meant!

·
Registered
720 Posts
SINISTR said:
coldtotouch said:
SINISTR said:
Robb,

haha OWNED :p
I didn't mean it in a nasty way - sorry if it sounded like that - definately not the intention. its a factory and yes its storage but the way I understood the description is 'a parking garage' like a public parking garage and hence my comment that its a factory storage area.

sorry to the original poster Robb - sorry mate - no harm meant!
He can handle it! :wink:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.