Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 FD3S
293 Posts
Let's just clear a little something up.

Amber corners are not JDM on CRX's, they're just rice.

JDM CRX's came with clear corners, clear corners of a slightly different design than of those crappy APC things you buy.

JDM clear's have one bulb in them, the front bulb, the side of the lense has no light.

-Geoff

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
they became called "JDM" b/c of the 92-95 Civics. The Vision corners for them were available all amber, so the ebay knockoffs became known as JDM.

I don't think they are rice. They almost look better than the stock, imo, because the clear isn't a different color than the headlight housing.

·
Registered
92 FD3S
293 Posts
jmart said:
Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me Geoff, that really helps me out.

I'd still like to see pictures.

Oh, i have just one question for you. Are parts that came stock on a usdm crx the only non rice parts? Or is it just up to your personal discretion?
Saying stock style corner lamps that are not the apc cheapies and have amber lenses are rice is like saying that a crx that has a non factory color is rice. Being an engineer I am a fan of function over form, but you've got to know where to draw the line.

wtf, people amaze me sometimes.
yes

-Geoff

·
Registered
92 FD3S
293 Posts
jmart said:
Ya, that makes sense. I hate it when stupid ebay people tab stuff as jdm and try to charge twice aas much for it. I noticed that the same stock looking style corner lights are twice as much in amber as they are in clear. And ya, i was thinking of going amber becasue the tint of the clear corners isn't the same as the headlights. Hmmm, what to do. Maybe i should just re-focus on the mini-me swap.
They do it because they know people like you will come on web forums spouting drivel about JDM amber corner markers that are in no way JDM related. Your post perpetuates what you claim to hate.

/boggle

-Geoff

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moderators, feel free to delete this post. It contains/contained no information useful to the community.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Not to lead the alleged debate but...

Technically, wasnt the amber corners like JDM Rice?
I mean come on, its not like the japs didnt have thier own kinda "RICE" over there besides what they eat...

So maybe saying "JDM-style" is JDM rice...Get the drift?
And say a genuine (actualy from jdm) Mugen SiR kit is JDM, couldnt that be JDM rice since most bodykits over here are considered rice?
There are somethings that actualy look better than stock...

Oh and out of 725pics (Im dead serious) of CRXs, This is the only rio red rex with ambers...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I just now realized, that not exactly rio red is it?
And no problem BTW, need a pic of a certain combo on a rex, Ive probably got it. At least an 80% chance of it...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Most of the pics I have are either from when I first got my current rex and it had nasty clear corners or from an angle where you can't see the amber corners...here's one of me driving around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at work one day, not the biggest pic but it shows the amber corners...

If the car came with stock corners I probably would have rocked them, but as I said it came with clears and I wanted rid of those. Amber corners aren't rice in my book, just a nice looking simple "mod", but there are always stock purists out there...I'm a stock purist when it comes to taillights, but amber corners look pretty good to me...to each his own.

There are a more out there for 88-89 (the ones with 2 screws exposed) cars than 90-91, same with bumper lights...but you can find all of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.