Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my amp keeps blowing fuses and I can't find the short. With only the basic setup of 12V and Ground, it'll blow a fuse. Checked the volts between 12V and Ground and there is 12 somethin, without a remote wire connected, checked the volts between remote terminal and ground, and it says 12 somethin. Checked resistance between all and there are no connections between them. Would that mean somethin internal in the amp?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Probably. Completely disconnect the amp and check the resistance between it's negative and positive terminals. If you get a really low number, that's your problem.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
ZeniceguyCRX said:
when the power drops(voltage) the current raises and lows fueses

Ohm's Law states: Voltage = Current * Resistance
Or written differently: Voltage / Resistance = Current

Run some numbers through the equation:

14 Volts / 4 Ohms = 3.5 Amps

12 Volts / 4 Ohms = 3 Amps

10 Volts / 4 Ohms = 2.5 Amps

8 Volts / 4 Ohms = 2 Amps

And you see that for a given load (resistance), decreasing the voltage results in an decrease in amperage. Conversely, increasing the voltage results in a increase in amperage.

·
Registered
209 Posts
not as in ohms law, In stereo systems your amp trise to run using a certain amount of power. when the voltage drops it isnt getting enuff power anymore so it starts to suck up more current to supply the amp. when my system drops below 10v on low base with the amps turned up I pop my 200amp cercuit braker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.